chopper noise

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nedasaurus1

Reaction score
No not the beautiful sound of a chopped motorcycle..im staying at wollongong hospital for a few weeks...the bloody chopper pad is next door.lol at least its for good reasons so i best not complain....but damn its loud but also ads abit of excitement into the day.lol

I've moved from one seaside location to another. What they both have in common is the joyriders and sightseeing planes that come overhead, especially at weekends. Roar roar, parp parp parp parp parp, etc. I would guess that light planes and mufflers don't go together in the same sentence. Now if I were to find out where a pilot lived then roared up and down his street on a trail bike with the muffler removed, he would be the first cnut to phone the police.
Ignorant arrogant prix.

Hey ned, hope all turns out well and a speedy recovery for whatever the problem is.

Edit: hope you aren't on the helicopter list.

Mate of mine reckoned the Flight Training School based here used his house as a marker for doing u turns and stall practice :D :lol:

Swore black and blue the targeted his house.

Where my family used to live on a farm in the New England tablelands, the F111's used to do their low-level flight training. I loved it, but the area hated it as it upset the livestock and what not!

You'd see something flick out of the corner of your eye and then the glorious jet noise!!

They were forced to change their route after a while. :-(

I can vouch for both 'choppers' sounding like shit. There are a couple of Harley riders at the end of my street and it's just fantastic at 1 am screaming by your bedroom window and waking the entire freaking house.

We also have the Police helicopter over our house almost every second night, which makes me feel very safe...

They haven't got me yet :lol:

Wish the cops would start doing something about Harleys with straight pipes.

I saw an old guy the other day on what was a Harley with legal pipes on it. It was quiet! Gotta be 9 out of 10 Harleys have illegal pipes.

There's a subtle improvement in power and tone, and then there's straight pipes. A Ducati with Termignonis = yes. A Harley with no baffles = strangled fart.

Most Harley riders' wives and girlfriends work in police stations and courthouses anyway. That's why you should NEVER ring Crimestoppers. I did once, and that's why I had to hurriedly move towns.

i hate the sound of the rescue chopper.... :(

if i am over at my sisters and it comes in to land at the RBH you know someone is in a bad way

Bribie G said:
I've moved from one seaside location to another. What they both have in common is the joyriders and sightseeing planes that come overhead, especially at weekends. Roar roar, parp parp parp parp parp, etc. I would guess that light planes and mufflers don't go together in the same sentence. Now if I were to find out where a pilot lived then roared up and down his street on a trail bike with the muffler removed, he would be the first cnut to phone the police.
Ignorant arrogant prix.

Hey ned, hope all turns out well and a speedy recovery for whatever the problem is.

Edit: hope you aren't on the helicopter list.
ii hope im not on the chopper list either. thnx for the wishes and im nearly over my radiation shit...finished this friday.so all going well back to brewing K@B with a view to trying BIAB very soon :)

Bribie G said:
Most Harley riders' wives and girlfriends work in police stations and courthouses anyway. That's why you should NEVER ring Crimestoppers. I did once, and that's why I had to hurriedly move towns.
very true that remark.They either work there or centrelink.

Nick JD said:
Wish the cops would start doing something about Harleys with straight pipes.

I saw an old guy the other day on what was a Harley with legal pipes on it. It was quiet! Gotta be 9 out of 10 Harleys have illegal pipes.

There's a subtle improvement in power and tone, and then there's straight pipes. A Ducati with Termignonis = yes. A Harley with no baffles = strangled fart.
theyve been harassing Harleys regards pipes for years

Back