Choosing a suitable fridge.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterlonz

Reaction score
I keg brew & have used a 25 year old fridge for the last 10 years.
It has a top freezer which my wife claims but still room for 4 kegs in main compartment.
The previous owner was successfull in mounting a tap & tray on one side which has proved really useful.
Now I'd like to "modernise"with bigger unit, freezer must be on top to ease keg loading, & I really want to keep the side mount faucet & tray.
I know of a few people who have ruined their fridges by attempting side mounting: they broke the refrigerant cooling lines writing off the fridge completely.
So my request is:
Can anyone advise how to check if cooling lines extend around the fridge sides?
Any other tips?
BTW I use anSTC-1000 for control & its worked well for several years now.

I keg brew & have used a 25 year old fridge for the last 10 years.
It has a top freezer which my wife claims but still room for 4 kegs in main compartment.
The previous owner was successfull in mounting a tap & tray on one side which has proved really useful.
Now I'd like to "modernise"with bigger unit, freezer must be on top to ease keg loading, & I really want to keep the side mount faucet & tray.
I know of a few people who have ruined their fridges by attempting side mounting: they broke the refrigerant cooling lines writing off the fridge completely.
So my request is:
Can anyone advise how to check if cooling lines extend around the fridge sides?
Any other tips?
BTW I use anSTC-1000 for control & its worked well for several years now.
A mixture of cornflour and alcohol, mix into a paste and paint on the sides, this will map the lines of the coolant on the side of the fridge.

Can't do that until after you buy the fridge.
Still good info, I did not know that trick.
Thanks

Back