Chocolate Wheat Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I've been trying without success to get hold of some Chocolate Wheat grain.
Apparently it was quite common until recently.
I'm after it for the 100% wheat beer I want to brew. Obviously I could substitute Choc Chit or Chocolate but then it wouldn't be 100% wheat would it :lol:
If you know of a stash, please let me know.

TIA, Beers,
Doc

I saw some Roast Wheat a little while ago, unfortunately it isn't Choc Wheat ...
Man, that is making my mouth water...

Hi Doc,
I was at Goliaths a few weeks ago and I recon that Dave may have had some in stock.
Another one to try might be Grumpy's. They seem to stock a large variety of grains.
Good luck,

dicko said:
Hi Doc,
I was at Goliaths a few weeks ago and I recon that Dave may have had some in stock.
Another one to try might be Grumpy's. They seem to stock a large variety of grains.
Good luck,
[post="47127"][/post]​

Cheers, Dicko.
Will give Dave a call on Monday.

Beers,
Doc

Doc, what you need is roasted wheat malt. Wheat is difficult to roast to an accurate colour hence the mixed terms chocolate and roasted. Both Weyermann and Thomas Fawcett have a similar product - Weyermann call it Chocolate Wheat Malt (800 - 1200 EBC) and Thomas Fawcett call it Roasted Wheat Malt (900 - 1000 EBC)

Wes

No answer on the phone at Goliath's this morning.
Gave Grumpy's a call and have the Weyermann Chocolate Wheat and Dark Wheat on it's way.
The 100% wheat beer is going to happen.

Thanks guys,
Doc

Back