Chimay Lovers, Cop This For A Bargain!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boozy the clown

Reaction score
:excl:
Dropped into bottle shop on the way home tonight, hoping to find a 750ml of grand 'whatever' beer. you know the special one that cost about $60?

Anyway, there is the usual collection of belgian beers (smaller range than i remember). I ask the dude in charge for what i'm after. He says they sold poorly and he even had to throw some away as they went out of date

"Mon dou" i cried!

He says no 750 of any type left, then he remembers some he does have some stashed in the cool room. I follow him in, he show me a Chimay Cinq cents, i screw up my nose (it was the only chimay i hadnt tried)

Glad I did,

he says "not what you are after?"
i say "no"
He says "i cant get rid of them, sell them it you for $7"
I say "hmm, how many you have there?"
He says "9, i'll sell you the lot of them for $5 each"
I say "OK!!!"

What a bloody bargain, 9 750ml bottles of Chimay cinq cents for $50!!! (Well you know, he did charge me $5.13 each but who is gonna argue that?)

Read it and burp!

a2_a1_ftriple.jpg

:party: :ph34r: :party:

9 bottles and not one mention of what you actually thought of the beer. :blink:

The ocean
Jayse

What was the date on the bottles ?
I wonder how long he'd had them sitting on the shelf before putting in the fridge ?

Doc

Sounds like you got a bargain Boozy. What was the Chimay cinq buck like then? Have any to share?? :p

Stuster said:
Chimay cinq buck
Haha, nice! :lol: Maybe you should have tried to convince him to give it to you for 5 cents though Boozy. :p :lol: Great score!

Nice score Boozy did you save any of the yeast to culture?. I have been looking for that beer for weeks to culture the yeast. <_<

Cheers Altstart

I only picked them up late last night. Had one when I got home, didnt put a lot of thought into the critque process at this stage, just enjoyed it. Strong, nice, is all my comments are from the first one. 8 to go.

Yes will definately save some of the yeast. Use by date is (best before end of 2006)

Just over the moon with the price. :chug: :ph34r:

location boozy? what is the location of said bottle shop.

cheers
big d

Back