Chilli seeds Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Vouch for the temp control for germinating chilli seeds is very important. No matter were you get them from. Between 20 to 30c consistent 25c is best IMO. It can still take some seeds up to 6 weeks in that temp control. There is always exceptions though. Like my own kept seeds can spring up in a week. No effort self seeders in the garden too.
They are adaptive so your own kept seeds can be adapted to your own climate. Although if you have a mix of types your own kept seeds can also be crossbreeds too. That's no bad thing. Its like a home brew. Your own home breed.

i bought some super hots from rahi seedbank on ebay, he sent me a whole bunch of cayenne seeds instead

Go Aussie. Believe it or not Australia actually clears some high bars. I'm tempted to post links but I don't have them all on hand and Its too late and I'm loaded.
the likes of: Chilli Farm, Chilli Factory etc. Thats were I got my pure breed seeds from and they were spectacular. Many Photo worthy. 120 to 300+ chilli per plant etc.

Danscraftbeer said:
I Vouch for the temp control for germinating chilli seeds is very important. No matter were you get them from. Between 20 to 30c consistent 25c is best IMO. It can still take some seeds up to 6 weeks in that temp control. There is always exceptions though. Like my own kept seeds can spring up in a week. No effort self seeders in the garden too.
They are adaptive so your own kept seeds can be adapted to your own climate. Although if you have a mix of types your own kept seeds can also be crossbreeds too. That's no bad thing. Its like a home brew. Your own home breed.
I found 30C constant worked a treat.

Ferment freezer did the job for the majority of seedlings at 24C. I used a smaller fridge for the chillis, capsicum and eggplant at 30C. Germination rate was above 90% for most seeds.

They've been in a greenhouse for the past month but it's been very cold so they have survived but not thrived. Heating up now so I'm hoping another month and they will be ready for the wicking garden beds.

I used to have lots of varieties, but lost the seeds in a move and the seeds ended up in storage. When I got them they never sprouted. Fatalii, Peach Hananero, Chocolate Habanero, Scotch Bonnets, C. galapagoense....... A couple of un-named USDA nos. <sigh>

Lost the passion after I lost those seeds.

Maybe I should get back on the horse.

Another thing that helps with seeds is to soak them in some Miltons ( the baby sterilising stuff )

They have a membrane around the seed ( like tomato's ) that needs to be broken down before they germinate. Normally the act of the fruit rotting breaks it down, but harvested seeds still have the protective membrane so needs a bit of a help along

They like to be kept nice and moist to germinate. I always found those compressed peat jiffy blocks to be really good for chillli seedlings

Latest posts

Back