Chilli seeds Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you looking for that Eden Seeds up the road from you can't provide?

Didn't know they existed, but checking them out know, thanks fella

Got seeds in no time from hippy seed company.

Didn't get much to sprout but I'm pushing shit uphill in this climate for most chilli to thrive.

All plants I did have carked ovee winter, hippy seeds were planted pretty late in the warm season too.

Will try again.

manticle said:
Got seeds in no time from hippy seed company.

Didn't get much to sprout but I'm pushing shit uphill in this climate for most chilli to thrive.

All plants I did have carked ovee winter, hippy seeds were planted pretty late in the warm season too.

Will try again.
Get serious. Get a greenhouse.
Then you can kill your plants with heat. Like me. Cos it got real hot one day and I left the ventilation flaps closed.

Eden seeds are a heritage seed bank, at Beechmont. Lovely mob and dead reliable. I've been using them for so long that my first order was on a form out of the paper catalogue and I sent a cheque. Haha. They have just redone their website which is bit clunky but they'll get there.

I've just planted Big Jim and Anaheim chillies that are mild to medium.
Most nursery or hardware store chillies seem to be fierce varieties but I'm more a Jalapeño man.

If heritage seed be the same thing a heirloom seed, I'll admit they seem to be a little fickle about germinating / growing conditions. I've come to realize my a times indifferent approach to gardening needs to be more on point. On the plus side, even if the plant runs to seed or the fruit is pathetically small, like my heirloom romas, you can always harvest the seeds and have another go. Again and again.

I prefer to use Eden as they are in my climate zone and I always have good results.
When I lived further South, likewise I bought from Green Patch at Taree.

For the OP in Brisbane Eden would be a good first port of call.

Hippy Seed Co

Excellent service, great prices and great seeds

* Mants, you need WARM soil for chillies to sprout

Stu is a one man chilli bank in his own right.
Just send him a bottle of maker's mark and a self addressed post pack.

Ducatiboy stu said:
This
The one good thing about moving to Muswellbrook is how bloody hot the soil is in summer
Hoping my Butch T's are smoking hot this year

Bribie G said:
Stu is a one man chilli bank in his own right.
Just send him a bottle of maker's mark and a self addressed post pack.
well I am partial to a bit of Makers Mark :)

All my seeds cam from The Hippy Seed Co

Another vote for Hippy Seed Co.
They've always been great

I bought some from chilliseedbank - they were good.
Also good to buy chilli plants from Bunnings. Good variety and then you can let them drop and keep growing.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Hippy Seed Co

Excellent service, great prices and great seeds

I know mate but I took a punt anyway.

I did get a heap of different plants to sprout and some fruit - just got the ones from HSC in too late and no survivors over tas winter.

I bought some from chilliseedbank and somehow aussiepost lost them, but the bloke there resent them no dramas at all.

Haven't planted any yet though, because the reaper seeds I'd saved from chillies that I thought weren't going to go finally came through.

manticle said:
I know mate but I took a punt anyway.

I did get a heap of different plants to sprout and some fruit - just got the ones from HSC in too late and no survivors over tas winter.
I used to put my seeds on top of the hot water unit. Keeps them nice and warm

I did trick an eggplant into sprouting by watering inside with warm water but no joy on the fruit.

We get plenty down here that does very well and I've never had a vege garden as diverse and flourishing as I do now so if these things work, they're a bonus.

Latest posts

Back