Chilli Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JM: I was always led to believe that most of the heat from chilli's was in the seeds, so keeping the seeds might be good if you want heat, otherwise discard for flavour only.

heheheh barfridge. . .I can stand a bit of chili heat. . .was talking about removing the seeds for the faint of heart on this list. . .

have 8 hab plants growing, yeah baby!

JM

Well how did these all go guys?

I love chilli and have heaps of hot azz birds eye ones growing and ready to pick

Batz

Now that sounds nice
I did see somewhere that that is a good way to add chilli to a brew , put chilli in vodka for a while then add too the brew

Batz :ph34r:

Batz, we made a batch of Santa Puta chilli beer back in November, been drinking a few recently.
About a dozen chillis were chopped & boiled briefly in a litre of water, then the resulting chill firewater added to the fermenter.

40 stubbies bottled- 20 mild, straight fromthe fermenter & 20 hot, with an added whole chilli in the bottle.
After nearly 2 months in the bottle, the mild ones are great- good smooth beer with a mild chilli undertone & a real zingy aftertaste. The hot ones are pretty much undrinkable, unless you like to chew a mouthful of hot chilli while drinking beer. Way too hot, and it's a really raw/bitter flavour too. May be good for cooking with.

We are taking a stack of each (& a few other brews) to the Melbourne Bar B Q Appreciation Society's "Brew & Q" day in a couple of weeks.

A couple of points to add to this thread.

We saw a commercial chilli beer in Acland Cellars the other day, made by Robinson's (Robertson's?) which looked almost identical to our Santa Puta chilli beer except for the label, and the puny little chilli floating in it. Price tag of $4.80 for 330ml- no thanks.

Last night I used a 375ml bottle of the hot SP to make a fantastic Mexican dinner with beef beans onion garlic capsicum coriander tomatoes & chilli beer, served with guacamole & sour cream. If you don't want to drink it, you can still cook with it.

Am also thinking of a wasabi brew but tried & tested recipes & methods are hard to find. Any suggestions?

Doc said:
Here is a picture of the chili plant in question.
I picked about 25 red ones last weekend, but check out the number of green ones still there and the flowers.

Beers,
Doc
[post="1157"][/post]​

that looks like an awsome bush . how did the beer turn out.

Latest posts

Back