Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how to keep them going in the cooler weather Pete & Steve, but we get some cold nights here in Landsborough, about an hour north of BNE. 5 degrees isn't cold my your standards, but it slows the chillis down a lot! :eek:

Thanks Shonks for the seeds mate - a great selection! :D and the Bishops will be on their way tomorrow. I've got a couple of plants of them, one of which must be 4 or 5 years old... kind of dies off a bit and comes back. They yield well over summer, and really slow in winter, but there are a few.

When I was in Ipswich for the flood clean up, I got a couple of birds eye type chillies. I've dried them out ( in my shirt over that weekend actually!) and planted them last week. Starting to germinate already. They had been under 2 meters of water, and were a nice grey colour... like they'd been galvanised.

InCider.

No wukkas mate and cheers :icon_cheers:

Here you go chilli boys from todays courier mail

chilli.jpg

cheers

Browndog

meh..... they are just 7 Pods, remaned and claimed by the poms.

the same as i have growing im my pool yard... seeds direct from trinidad tobago.

edit:

SHu numbers can be decieving. They work off how much water a trace of the chilli is detectable once disolved into......... Not the mouthfeel of the chemical makeup of the chillis oils.

Id say all these superhots will max out at around he 1 mil mark but the 7 Pod in the mouth........ its just nasty! much worse than a bhut jalokia which held the record and just a small few thousand less than this infinity chilli...... we are talking a drop in a 44 hotter by the SHU testing, not by mouth.

I grew genuine CPI GWR Bhuts and they were nowhere near as hot in the mouth as my mother of evil 7 Pods.

7_pods_apr.jpg

7_Pods_090426.jpg

meh..... they are just 7 Pods, remaned and claimed by the poms.

the same as i have growing im my pool yard... seeds direct from trinidad tobago.

edit:

SHu numbers can be decieving. They work off how much water a trace of the chilli is detectable once disolved into......... Not the mouthfeel of the chemical makeup of the chillis oils.

Id say all these superhots will max out at around he 1 mil mark but the 7 Pod in the mouth........ its just nasty! much worse than a bhut jalokia which held the record and just a small few thousand less than this infinity chilli...... we are talking a drop in a 44 hotter by the SHU testing, not by mouth.

I grew genuine CPI GWR Bhuts and they were nowhere near as hot in the mouth as my mother of evil 7 Pods.

So it's all about mouth feel mate.

A bit of a harvest time. Not too many Bhuts as I have given a lot away. I don't need that many for myself and I have plenty 7's to play with this time around. :chug: Have also made a spice Jar full of dried Devils Tongue and goats weed powder. The DT powder is sooo nice.

chills.jpg

A bit of a harvest time. Not too many Bhuts as I have given a lot away.
You are going to freeze them in the zlp lock bags?

I was wondering how best to keep them and cbf reading 45 pages of this thread. ;)

You are going to freeze them in the zlp lock bags?

I was wondering how best to keep them and cbf reading 45 pages of this thread. ;)

Going to....... been doing this for years. They freeze very well. Just don't expect them to be just like a fresh one when thawed. They do go 'soggyish' but perfect for cooking or drying. I then cook with or dry them when I have enough to grind up to a powder. I do the same with my ginger after I peel it.....zip lock baggie - to easy.

When dried, you are best to freeze them... I have had dried chillies go mouldy, so I started to freeze them.... still stay stupidly hot :icon_cheers:

When dried, you are best to freeze them... I have had dried chillies go mouldy, so I started to freeze them.... still stay stupidly hot :icon_cheers:

Mate - you haven't dried them properly or enough. The whole reason to dry them is to preserve them. I have dried chillis over two years old still crispy dry. Do you use a dehydrator or other method?

Drying then freezing is just making them wet again rendering the drying useless.

Ok I have half a bottle of vodka with a half a Bhut Jolokia ( cheers Tony for seeds ) in it steeping for 3 weeks. Was Ok at one week and yeah warm at just under two. Being half pissed right now I took a swig and for the luv of baby jebus this is a beuat. Lips and tongue going ballistic with a slurpy slutty sip..... DROOOOOOOLING like a drooling mofo thing on bhut vodka. Wow Tony your Bhuts are way kick ass in a Vodka

........ off for more.....

OK Chilli lovers - a new level of hot - from today's Age:
chilli's that bite back

I bet one of these would go along way, but is there a threshold, like IBU... after 1M, it's just stupid hot.

OK Chilli lovers - a new level of hot - from today's Age:
chilli's that bite back

I bet one of these would go along way, but is there a threshold, like IBU... after 1M, it's just stupid hot.

I went to the chilli festival and had the sauce they made. Hottest thing i have ever eaten. On the drive home i could feel it shaw-shanking through my system like Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. Suffice to say, the chilli hallucinations Tony speaks of for me where spent whilst on the can. The idea of having to goto the toilet after that was frightening.

your not eating chilli unless you have visions and stomach eruptions :)

I need to get some of that Trinidad Scorpion :)
I lucked out and got 2 of the 300 bottles of the Chilli Factory Trinidad Scorpion sauce when they were released.
They're keeping the rest for the Easter Show, so you can try it for free there...

Ok I have half a bottle of vodka with a half a Bhut Jolokia ( cheers Tony for seeds ) in it steeping for 3 weeks. Was Ok at one week and yeah warm at just under two. Being half pissed right now I took a swig and for the luv of baby jebus this is a beuat. Lips and tongue going ballistic with a slurpy slutty sip..... DROOOOOOOLING like a drooling mofo thing on bhut vodka. Wow Tony your Bhuts are way kick ass in a Vodka

........ off for more.....

Well well well......I have met my match! Twice now I have drunk this in last week and twice I have had a volcanic ass that night or morning. I've never been effected by real hot foods before in the ass department but man - this vodka is now killing my guts :ph34r: This last week it has taken on a new life, or death to be fair. Today I had it with lemonade with a mate and the 'fizzing lemonade' smell made him choke when he went to drink it by breathing the fumes before drinking. After a sip he gave in. I drank mine and his....... and my ass exploded tonight.

SO - the best reason WHY YOU WANT A FREE HALF BOTTLE OF VODKA WITH HALF A BHUT JOLOKIA IN IT gets it as long as postage is paid for :) Yup - I'm passing this bottle of ass ripping vodka on conditions on a post and or pics. Actually I'll be putting the names in a hat and drawing it but great reasons why you need it will get your name on a bigger piece of paper for the draw :)

Goes well with lemonade and orange.

Draw it on wednesday, paypal postage by end of week and you'll have it for a easter drink to kill the inlaws with :)

ha ha saw that on the news and imedietly thought of this thread, pretty full on

can anyone help me out with a couple of varietites of interesting chilli seeds, not really into hyper hot, but diff flavours woudl be great to try growing

Back