Chiller Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewkid

Reaction score
im slowly going to get into all grain 3V setup and im collecting bits and pieces

i have a probally 60 metre roll of 1/4'' copper laying around [was great for making slingshots out of when i was younger] and also have a proper bender for it im going to make a chiller out of it saw this one online last night

build_this_wort_chiller_for_new_brewstyle.jpg

i think the dual coil will make it way more effective

im thinking of using a pump from a tank of water [maybe plastic 44 gallon drum] and just recirculate that what kind of pump should i use bilge pump from boat using a 12 volt supply i already have, washing machine outlet pump or something else, has to be cheap or free

use a bilge pump. That thing looks insane wonder if it really is that more efficient? Using 1/4" instead of 1/2 you will prob need longer length. I have 15m of 1/2 and it cools down 45lts in about 25mins thats just tap water but if you get a bag of ice you could throw that in the tank when it gets down near the tank water temps.

yeah i was thinking the bilge pump leave it in the tank all the time

ice bloody good idea i wonder how warm the 200 litres of tank would get when cooling a full boil

Yeah that design looks pretty good, it would eliminate any need to stir the wort.
You could just gently lower and lift it in the wort and it would do it its job.

im slowly going to get into all grain 3V setup and im collecting bits and pieces

i have a probally 60 metre roll of 1/4'' copper laying around [was great for making slingshots out of when i was younger] and also have a proper bender for it im going to make a chiller out of it saw this one online last night

View attachment 53515

i think the dual coil will make it way more effective

im thinking of using a pump from a tank of water [maybe plastic 44 gallon drum] and just recirculate that what kind of pump should i use bilge pump from boat using a 12 volt supply i already have, washing machine outlet pump or something else, has to be cheap or free
The Image reminds me of days when LSD was widely used.
Nev

Looks like the warp drive out of star trek or something, very cool.

all i need to make this is 2 x 1/4'' T pieces and hose fittings to suit hose that will suit a pump i have the copper

Back