Chesty Size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleasure Master

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm just asking, what's the ideal chest freezer keezer size to hold 2 corni kegs and maybe a couple of 20L cubes?

cheers

Well, a Fisher and Paykel 215L slimline (H215X) fits 4 kegs on the floor - easily should fit 2 kegs and 2-3 cubes.

Cheers

I have an old non converted Kelvinator 160L that I reckon would fit 2 cornys and 2 cubes.

NickB, I'm thinking of buying a Fisher and Paykel 215L slimline (H215X) - just wondering if you would happen to have the internal floor/height dimensions and also of the compressor hump? Just trying to figure out what I could fit in there.....

Do you also know if it's tall enough inside (without a collar) to stand corny kegs with disconnects attached?

Cheers
Matt

I've got one of the slimeline 215s. It fits 4 Pepsi kegs on the floor with room for plumbing on top. Bloody brilliant freezer mate.

Edit: that's without a collar.

GuyQLD said:
I've got one of the slimeline 215s. It fits 4 Pepsi kegs on the floor with room for plumbing on top. Bloody brilliant freezer mate.

Edit: that's without a collar.
+1, The only thing it doesn't do is fit 2 x 30L fermenter flush in the floor space. One has to sit up on the compressor hump leaning over a bit. I also had to whittle down my airlock so the lid would close.

NickB said:
Well, a Fisher and Paykel 215L slimline (H215X) fits 4 kegs on the floor - easily should fit 2 kegs and 2-3 cubes.

Cheers
Bringing an old thread back, but I'm struggling with the maths here - it seems well accepted that the H215x fits 4 without a collar.

External dimensions (LxW) of the H215X are 881 x 565 (per Appliances Online).

Allow 100mm wall width on each side for insulation etc, which gives us 861 x 545 internal dimensions.

Say compressor hump is 400mm (I'd guess it was smaller, but don't have one to measure).

That gives floor space of 821 x 545 available for kegs, without a collar.

If a corny keg is 210mm in diameter that means you can fit 2 cornies in it side by side from front to back (with 125mm to spare), and 3 in lengthwise (with ~190mm to spare).

So even without getting into putting them in in such a way to squeeze more in, shouldn't you be able to get 6 cornies on the floor of one of these reasonably comfortably?

Or am I severely underestimating the width of the walls and/or hump?

Anyone that's got one of these care to comment?

I'm looking at getting one of these because I want to go with a font and no collar, and while 4x19l kegs would be fine I want the ability to have a 50 litre keg as well as a couple of 19 litre ones, because I'd like to move at least partly to the bigger Sanke style kegs in future.

I know I could probably achieve this with a bigger freezer and/or a collar, but my question really is - what have I got wrong in the numbers above? If my numbers are right then this model is fine for my needs.

Appreciate anyone's input.

Hey Pedo,

I run a 215 F&P and I can tell you, it fits 6x 19L ball lock cornies on the floor. I know some of the pinlock kegs are bigger but there is a little room to move with 6x 19L ball, Pepsi/firestone style.

I run a 48L and a stumpy 23L but can still fit 3 in around it - perfect size for a Keezer IMO.

Cheers

i run the 300L westinghouse and it fits 6 kegs easily including the bigger ones.

Cocko said:
Hey Pedo,

I run a 215 F&P and I can tell you, it fits 6x 19L ball lock cornies on the floor. I know some of the pinlock kegs are bigger but there is a little room to move with 6x 19L ball, Pepsi/firestone style.

I run a 48L and a stumpy 23L but can still fit 3 in around it - perfect size for a Keezer IMO.

Cheers
Great, thanks for that mate appreciate it (been a while since I've had the nickname Pedo... And no it wasn't earned due to any of my conduct!).

pedleyr said:
Great, thanks for that mate appreciate it (been a while since I've had the nickname Pedo... And no it wasn't earned due to any of my conduct!).
Just like Cocko didnt earn his name due to anything to do with his.....nevermind

Back