Chest Freezer - How Many Cornys?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Village Idiot

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to a flashed up chesty, preferably without a collar....... Size/Model and corny capacity of your set up would be a big help. Looking for something that fits 4 or more ball locks, maybe the gas bottle as well?

Cheers, Peter

Well without a collar, the Fisher and Paykell H275x will hold 6 kegs. The FP 215x would hold 4. Both would hold that many plus a small (less than 50cm tall) gas bottle no issue. Both won't be the cheapest, but the warranty is good. The above, WITH a collar will hold 7 and 5, but no gas bottle.

I have the H275x and get 7 kegs with a collar.

Cheers

My wife purchased me a Westinghouse 320L chest freezer last month for my birthday, it holds 6 corny kegs and 2 party kegs, nice and high and no need for a collar. Very hapy with this unit.

Cheers
C :icon_cheers:

My wife purchased me a Westinghouse 320L chest freezer last month for my birthday, it holds 6 corny kegs and 2 party kegs, nice and high and no need for a collar. Very hapy with this unit.

Cheers
C :icon_cheers:

And happy with the wife I imagine....... very thoughtful of her

Westinghouse 500 litre without a collar can hold 10 cornies + bottle\party keg space on the hump if you're careful where you locate the fan.

WITH a 95mm collar holds the same number of cornies + freezer baskets for your glasses, yeasts, etc + a place to locate your taps, CPBF, & grommets to pass your gas line & controller probe through if you're not keen on chopping holes in your nice freezer.
Collars are well worth the hassle IMHO. :)

TP

but if you buy a new unit and do not install a collar then you will have to mount a font or something, so you will not get any warranty on it. I bought a brand new freezer and it did not work (after I installed the collar) so If I would of put a font on it I would of wasted $400 and never got a cent or a unit back, But I took the collar off and removed the glue then put the lid on and it looked brand new, Westinghouse came and delivered a new one for nothing so glad I didnt drill the freezer only the collar

but if you buy a new unit and do not install a collar then you will have to mount a font or something, so you will not get any warranty on it. I bought a brand new freezer and it did not work (after I installed the collar) so If I would of put a font on it I would of wasted $400 and never got a cent or a unit back, But I took the collar off and removed the glue then put the lid on and it looked brand new, Westinghouse came and delivered a new one for nothing so glad I didnt drill the freezer only the collar

Precisely KG. Glad you got a replacment without any hassle.
Fonts are not the be-all & end-all of everything. It all depends where you place\want to do with your freezer. Me! Mine is just in the garage so a font is over-kill anyway.
New_Tap_Handles.JPG

TP

>prettymuchanybrand< 140-150 litre chesty will hold 2 ball lock kegs + gas without a collar, or 4 kegs with a collar. Or 3 + gas.

Latest posts

Back