• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap Ss And Other Bits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou

Reaction score
I just scored some ss half inch full bore ball valves female connector each end for $15 each. this seems cheap for any one interested. I am also looking at buying all the bits for a sight glass for my hlt. only problems is i have to buy a minimum length, 3m of polycarbonate tubing at $20. If anyone is intereted in some of this stuff i can post it. I am in brisbane.

What the hell can i do with the extra 2 meters of the stuff!!? :(

lou

ps. all these bits require a lot of running around to get together. all the zymico type bits could easily be put together in Australia for australian distribution. anyone interested in these bits i can get them for a good price. think it would be worth while? . sourcing industrial parts is such a hassle :angry:

I will take a meter of the tubing.
I need a 1/2 inch t piece also - 1/2 inch bsp female and a 1/2inch bsp male with the t part to fit the tube.
Will also need a compression fitting for the tube.

Can you help with all this.

Thanks

Lou
I wouldnt mind putting on a sight tube either. What sorta parts do ya need to connect it all? I'm in the process of setting up my system, so dunno exactly what sorts of bits and pieces to get, so when ya finish yours, could ya post some pics of how ya did it? And if no on else pipes up, I will take that last length of tubing off yer hands.
Cheers
Trent

This topic has an article in it for the plans to build one.
I'm sure you could use it as ideas for your implementation.

Beers,
Doc

Lou
what diameter is the poly tubing you're looking at?
If we can get fittings for it at a decent price I'd be in for a metre.
I'm in Toowoomba but in Brisbane all the time, and moving to Brisvegas next year. What area of Brisbane are you in?
Ball valves and fittings sound good too
Hoops

I am checking out the fittings this week, the tube is 1/2 in external 3/8 internal but is made slightly oversize to accomadate fiitting to size. The tube should nicely fit a 1/2 in compression fitting with a light cutting back and i will be getting 1/2 in SS male threaded elbow to bolt onto my HLT. Will check prices on all components and get back to you hoops. I am very close to the CBD

Lou

Back