Cheap Poppets And Seals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgriffin

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that i've been getting ripped off when buying Corny keg rebuild kits.

Went to andale the other day to buy some gear, and saw they sold seals and some parts for corny kegs. The stuff i got was

poppet valves - 94c
post seals - 20c
lid ring - $2.50

That's cheaper than buying from the US!

:super: Awesome John, great work. I've been thinking of getting some spare seals soon. You just made my job alot quicker, easier & cheaper.

Hoops,

the hbs we met in the other day has always serviced my kegs for free!!!

there again with the amount I spend, I'm probably not in front ;-)

Yeah, Lindsay is a top bloke. The only reason I'm not there every weekend is the distance from me :(

Poppets 94 cents?

Bloody hell guess what I've been paying from the US? :angry:

Batz :huh:

jgriffin said:
I'm starting to think that i've been getting ripped off when buying Corny keg rebuild kits.

Went to andale the other day to buy some gear, and saw they sold seals and some parts for corny kegs. The stuff i got was

poppet valves - 94c
post seals - 20c
lid ring - $2.50

[post="52159"][/post]​

Is this at cooparoo? I need some new seals, sounds like a perfect opportunity to go for a drive and visit this place.

sluggerdog said:
jgriffin said:

poppet valves - 94c
post seals - 20c
lid ring - $2.50

[post="52159"][/post]​

Is this at cooparoo? I need some new seals, sounds like a perfect opportunity to go for a drive and visit this place.
[post="52975"][/post]​

I think it's the only outlet up here Slugger.

Thanks Ross, I might pay them a visit today to get some seals and have a good look around, I still do not have a drip tray on my fridge (sticky floor below.. haha)

That's $0.72 CENTS US for poppets. Please let me know where he is getting them. That is 3 times LESS than our wholesale cost here in the U.S. Buy as many from him as you can, this may be a loss leader for him. Matt.

I just went down and got myself a stack at that price, thanks jgriffin. ALSO picked myself up a super drip tray for my fridge, 40CM wide and huge splash back - $90.00 inc GST

mchitiea said:
That's $0.72 CENTS US for poppets. Please let me know where he is getting them. That is 3 times LESS than our wholesale cost here in the U.S. Buy as many from him as you can, this may be a loss leader for him. Matt.
[post="53050"][/post]​

Damn it might be a mis-price. /me goes to buy as many as he has.

I would like 20 or more if you guys can get big mobs of them...please? :rolleyes:

Batz

Better be quick guys, i just bought most of his stock and left him with no many left at all, maybe 30?

Sorry Batz, didn't see your post until just now, i'll see if i can pop down 2morrow for ya.

John, buy all he's got! I'll definitely take a bunch off ya, and we can sell the rest to AHBers for a small mark-up ;)

- Snow

Damn, too slow I think, I'm in if there's any left :(

Hoops

I should be able to get down there today - I wll pick up whatever I can.

dreamboat

I made to Andale just as they had closed up (still short of their 4:30 closing time though) but got in to see the bloke behind the counter anyway. They were a bit short on Corny fittings though - I got their last lid o-ring, picked up a dozen post seals (have heaps of those left) and 20 poppets.
The 'pooter had been shut down for the day, but I was charged a dollar each for the poppets, $2.50 for the oring, and 20c for the post seals. There was still around 30 or 40 poppets left after I was done. Unfortunatley they do not carry/cannot get new posts, as I have a couple of dodgy ones that need replacing that would have been good.

dreamboat

dreamboat said:
Unfortunatley they do not carry/cannot get new posts, as I have a couple of dodgy ones that need replacing that would have been good.

dreamboat
[post="53397"][/post]​

Quality Homebrew Supplies on Kingston Rd, underwwod, should be able to sort you out with good 2nd posts...

Ross said:
Quality Homebrew Supplies on Kingston Rd, underwwod, should be able to sort you out with good 2nd posts...
[post="53402"][/post]​

Hey Ross, does this HBS sell single plugs or packs of a few? nothing around me sells them and I wanna try them out for dry hopping.

I'm sure Lindsay would be able to sell you whatever QTY you wanted, they have them in a big pack and just take out what you want.
Give him a ring and find out.

Hoops

Back