• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap Malts!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
Howdy guys,
Just a quick message to let you I have a bunch of malts. These are fresh malts and are being offered at a price barely enough to cover my freight costs.
The malts available are:

Barrett Burstons
pale malt $45/25kg
pale (galaxy) $45/25kg
pale ale $45/25kg

Weyermann pils $55/25kg bag

Marris Otter $60/25kg bag

If anyone is interested just fire me off an EMAIL

BTW I am in Adelaide.

cheers
Darren

Hey darren
That is a good price for whole grain
would you be able to send some more details to me about the pale malted barley

Darren said:
Howdy guys,
Just a quick message to let you I have a bunch of malts. These are fresh malts and are being offered at a price barely enough to cover my freight costs.
The malts available are:

Barrett Burstons
pale malt $45/25kg
pale (galaxy) $45/25kg
pale ale $45/25kg

Weyermann pils $55/25kg bag

If anyone is interested just fire me off an EMAIL

BTW I am in Adelaide.

cheers
Darren
Howdy again,
For some reason my email is not working properly. If you are interested in these malts, please call me on 82769928.
cheers
Darren

Great Prices Darren. I just ordered a Valley Mill. How long will you have these prices?

p.s. Are you associated with any business?

wedge said:
Great Prices Darren. I just ordered a Valley Mill. How long will you have these prices?

p.s. Are you associated with any business?
Howdy Wedge,
I am not affiliated with a homebrew shop in any form. I simply purchase these malts to both lower my malt costs and supply other brewers with good priced malts.
At these prices I barely cover my transport costs.
I will have some spare for the coming months. When you get your Valleymill ((I have a Valleymill...great mill (No affiliation either)). Just give me a call or email me.
cheers
Darren

Great. Couldn't wait on the VMill though. Went for the BC, seemed to be on par and i didnt have to import it. We definitly ring you with in the month about some MO

Howdy all,

Here is an update on the malts available:

Barrett Burstons pale (galaxy) $40/25kg

Weyermann pilsner $55/25kg bag

Weyermann Munich light $ 60/25kg (2 bags only)

Weyermann Munich Dark $60/25kg (2 bags only)

Weyermann Caramunich II $2.00/kg

If you have any questions please simply give me a call.

cheers
Darren

Darren, the BC is on its way. Will give you a call in a few weeks

wedge said:
Darren, the BC is on its way. Will give you a call in a few weeks
No worries Wedge. There is plenty of the base malts to choose from. The specialty malts are in limited supply though!
There is nothing like the feeling and smell of cranking fresh malt through a new mill. The big malty flavour of your first all-grain beer is someting you will remember for a long time.
If you are anything like me you will never find enough time to do all the beers you have planned.
If you have any questions I am more than willing to help as I have made more than 100 all-grain beers and have overcome most of the problems you might encounter. Anyhow give me a call when you are ready.
cheers
Darren

Howdy all,

Here is the latest update on the malts available:

Barrett Burstons pale (galaxy) $40/25kg

Weyermann pilsner $55/25kg bag

Weyermann Munich light $ 60/25kg (***1 bag only****)

Weyermann Munich Dark $60/25kg (****1 bag only****)

Weyermann Caramunich II $2.00/kg

If you have any questions please simply give me a call.

cheers
Darren

For those who bought some Maris Otter from Darren here is the Certificate of Analysis.

Cheers and bollocks
TDA

CRYER_118_Maris_Otter_Pale_Ale_Melb.jpg

Thanks TDA...

I have a sack - not sure what all that stuff in the analysis sheet means though...

MAH said:
GMK said:
Thanks TDA...

I have a sack
Hey everyone Ken has a sack! :lol:

Do you have a big sack Ken?
Ho Ho Ho.....

I feel like Father Xmas...With a big Sack....

:lol:

GMK said:
not sure what all that stuff in the analysis sheet means though...
means it comes from bonnie Scotland, and so is top grade stuff!! :lol:

Sorry to rain on you patriotic parade Wee Stu, but Bairds main analysis lab is indeed in Arbroath but the MO will have been malted in England at the Witham plant. BTW, I love the "smokey" I tried in Arbroath.

Wes.

hmmm not wanting to rain on any parades. . .

However, the Bairds MO is not floor malted.

I have tried more than a sack of each, the Thos Fawcett floor malted MO is the ants pants!

Jovial Monk

I love this!

I respond to a thread based on personal experience.

Someone who thinks he can run a "skills based competition" responds in a sacastic vein and shws he knows very little about brewing, and my reasoned response is edited for "starting comments of a flame war"

So anyone chasing down this thread later thinks I tried to start a flame war?????

No, never tried to start a flame war. Someone did, someone who professes to be able to mount a "skills based competition" but who shows in his post a profound ignorance of BJCP categories, but the record will foreverafter show *I* tried to start flame war.

If you want to censor, at least censor properly, OK?

Jovial Monk

gotta agree with you on this one jm.it does look as if you have started something that late comers may ponder as to what was said.i read the post earlier and didnt read it as starting anything.just personal differences.
it would appear to me that differences of opinions can and do cause trouble to degrees as recently witnessed on the grumpies forum.

i just reckon at times people need to take a step back and realise we arent brewing for sheep stations but are all trying to brew great beer to satisfy the number one client.ourselves.

after all IT IS A HOBBY isnt it ?

hope this site doesnt fall prey to petty indifferences as i know we all have great things to contribute even if we all dont agree on postings.

well thats my soapbox for the night.
gotta get ready for D day on monday when i fly down to adelaide to meet some of you mad bunch

cheers in beers
big d

Latest posts

Back