Cheap Keg And Carboy Cleaner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zizzle

Reaction score
I was looking to save a bit of elbow grease on cleanup and saw one of these plastic keg and carboy washers:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/mark-s-keg-washer.html

$100 seems a bit rich for a bit of plastic and a chinese submersible pump. I've played around with the water fountain version of those pumps and have not been impressed.

A lot of the DIY ones you see use a submersible sump pump. But they say you need at least 1/3 HP and those submersible pumps start at around $70.

I have some 18 gauge stainless sheet and a TIG welder at my disposal so I thought I might make up a nice one.

I saw the cheap chinese 1/2 HP pumps for under $30 delivered and though they were worth a test.

A few dollars worth of 1" fittings and some silicone and it seems to work pretty well. I might not bother making a stainless steel version.

I have some hose barbs for using it to circulate PBW through all of our transfer hoses too.

Might make up a bit of spray ball at some point too. And maybe some fitting to recirculate through our serving lines.

pump.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please show us how and what you did ... without pictures of your set-up, it's just teasing us! :)

Back