Cheap Font Tower Idea

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirns

Reaction score
Not the cheapest way unless you've got some of the bits lying around. Thought I'd share.

U Brewit Tower Three tap tower $50 plus cost of taps.

Ebay double font tower $100 plus cost of taps.

OR Woolworths Oats S/S toilet brush $12. Cut holes for 1 to 3 taps, screw through S/S base to top of keggerator. Line tower with a cut $4 bed roll. Take handle off lid and use as a tap handle and plug the screwhole in the lid with a chrome cover button or mount a font decal. Plus some perlick or cheap taps and mounts from ebay! :rolleyes:

__KGrHqFHJBsE60e3tjkeBO1s8Ti11Q__60_12.jpg

__KGrHqVHJDcE_pJmovsPBPrgPsqtqg__60_12.jpg

BA_SM_06.jpg

Short answer, No! I've fitted out 3 kegorators before and am always looking for ideas. I have one of these toilet brushes and in the position of Rodin the Thinker it came to me that there was a cheaper way :rolleyes: !

thinker.jpg

Pvc pipe tarted up to look shiny or cool decals maybe ice decals to look like a cold ass flooded font frozen?

Lol.

U Brewit Tower Three tap tower $50 plus cost of taps.

Ebay double font tower $100 plus cost of taps.
The reject/bargain rack at KegKing usually has a font or two or three. :)

Anybody use one of those ubrew towers? What the opinion on them?

Yep!

IMG_0805_v1.JPG

Seem fine to me. Appear to be better quality than the ones I saw in Keg King but haven't really seen any others to compare them to. I think they're pretty good for the price. They came lined with foam sheet and a gasket for the base.

IMG_0737_v1.JPG

Best Chalkboard Writing I've Seen...Looks Awesome Bloke...

Anybody use one of those ubrew towers? What the opinion on them?

Just take a closer look at the pic & you'll see they're awful quality & IMO they should be avoided at all cost.
Look inside the shank - see the pink colour - nickel plate with no chroming, beer will most likely foam & react with the metal, which will turn black after use.

I replace rubbish like this almost daily..... People selling this gear, should not be in business!!!

Ross

I should mention, I only bought the bare towers from Ubrew - the shanks were purchased with my Perlicks from the US.

Woolworths Oats S/S toilet brush $12. Cut holes for 1 to 3 taps, screw through S/S base to top of keggerator. Line tower with a cut $4 bed roll. Take handle off lid and use as a tap handle and plug the screwhole in the lid with a chrome cover button or mount a font decal. Plus some perlick or cheap taps and mounts from ebay!

I'd just check the diameter of the Oates toilet brush holder, and get a feel for whether or not a standard tap shank elbow collar will fit to it (the curve has to be close-ish)..
Ross might be able to tell you what size diameter they're designed to fit..

cheers,
k

PS> Frothie, that's a gorgeous bar. Love the woodwork.. love the artwork too. ;)

Somebody dumped a patio warmer in our metal scrap bin so I gutted it and used this heat shield as a tower.
The crude and makeshift theme makes a nice match for the rest of my garage.
I may now modify a toilet brush lid to add some class to it.

DSC_4210.jpg

Back