Cheap Eskys At Big W

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger, the missus was just there yesterday I would have got her to grab me one. Looks like it'll be a good size for a BB false bottom too. Might have to make a special trip to the local tomorrow. Cheers Eggs

Pretty cheap for a 62 litre cooler. That's a big mash tun though. Triple batches no worries :beerbang: Although I have never done a double, my 44L would do double batches easy.

Perfect for doubles if doing a MO with big beers. Ima gettin' me one of these if they're still available

Perfect for doubles if doing a MO with big beers. Ima gettin' me one of these if they're still available

Yep, true. Doubles with a mash out would work well with this sized esky

Even though this is a good deal, I really think it is hard to go past the Techni Ice ones. You can pick a 60L up for around the same price (incl post).

Thanks Eggs. I need a new esky - oddly to keep beer cold, not to brew it. I'll be getting one of these tomorrow.

Thanks.

D

hey all,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but i've seen these ice boxes again at Big W for $98..

Has anyone made a mash tun out of these, and if so, does the ball valve attach nicely?

cheers

:blink: They appear to have a ready made drainage plug.

:blink: They appear to have a ready made drainage plug.

Thanks, yes. But I was just curious if it was a simple attachment of the ball valve (like a normal Willow or Coleman esky), or if its difficult due to a different size drainage hole or something....

Latest posts

Back