Cheap crown seal capper?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nizmoose

Reaction score
Hey guys pretty new to brewing and I really like using glass bottles with a crown seal over anything else, I've been borrowing a friends capper but really need to look into getting one for myself does anyone know of any cheap ones? And preferably cheap and quality not cheap and nasty :p

I'd recommend a bench capper. I saw Big W were selling Brigalow branded ones. Not sure of the quality but I remember the price being OK.

I have an ebay alert for 'home brew'. A lot of the kits people are pushing off come with bench cappers.

gsouth said:
I'd recommend a bench capper. I saw Big W were selling Brigalow branded ones. Not sure of the quality but I remember the price being OK.
Bench cappers are the way to go, the Big W Brigalow ones are the SuperAutomatica brand. I have one and it works a treat

The Big W cappers are fine. They're exactly the same ones that most brew shops sell for around 55-60 dollars. Made in Italy - probably lots of them used for capping tomato sauce. Nice and easy to adjust the height for different sized bottles.

I think they're around the $45 dollar mark at Big W.

A bench capper is the only way to go

I have a friend that used a handheld capper

hit the capper with a hammer and the bottle broke

and his hand when down the bottle went up thru his hand

true

dicko said:
Yep......my advice, spend the extra few bucks on a bench capper. :ph34r:
Agreed and there's normally a few on ebay cheap azz.

I was advised that the smaller handheld cappers didn't always get the caps on straight & the bench capper was the way to go.

Think the bench capper was about $38- on special at Big W about 12 months ago. Even at full price it is good value, easy to use. I have 5 different heights of stubbies & it is simple to adjust. Have just acquired 3 dozen 500ml cider stubbies so now I have 6 different height stubbies.

gTrain said:
I was advised that the smaller handheld cappers didn't always get the caps on straight & the bench capper was the way to go.

Think the bench capper was about $38- on special at Big W about 12 months ago. Even at full price it is good value, easy to use. I have 5 different heights of stubbies & it is simple to adjust. Have just acquired 3 dozen 500ml cider stubbies so now I have 6 different height stubbies.
I have one of those handheld jobs, and you need to be a friggin' octopus to work the thing. :lol:

Haha yeah was always going for a bench capper was just struggling to find one for a decent price, off to Big W I go! Thanks for the advice lads

Latest posts

Back