• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap Cool Room 75mm Freezer Panels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Hi,

For the fellow Adelaideons - i have found a source of Cheap 75mm thick Freezer Panels.
They are located at Rowland Flat approx 7km from Lyndoch.
Size: 1.2w X 3.3m long X 75mm
Cost; 30.00 a panel - pick up only.

Need to hurry as he only has 900m2 left.
These would be excellent for building a cool room to cool with an airconditioner and controller like Jayse has - which is why i am buying a good few.

One panel cut up could make a great single Fermenter Fermentation Box.

PM me if u want his contact details...

great find gmk.
ive just a/cd my boxroom and have got the temp down to 20 deg.mind you its battling 90 + humidity and rising at the moment.
what temps are you guys achieving.
my box room is about 3x 4 metres. height about 4.5

cheers
big d

Panels are 30.00 ea

My box will be approx 2.2m long x 1200 high or 2.1m high - have not quite decided yet.

Jayse and GMK

Does a coolroom with ac really work in a hot climate? I seem to recall that when I installed my ac units, the coldest possible temp off the unit was about 16 deg, and they only have guaranteed settings down to 18 degrees? Whats the lowest temp you can maintain when its pretty hot outside? Surely not lager fermentation temps?

Given its a well insulated small space, I think the temps should get quite low. But I'm not sure how low.

I'd assume for an air-con there's a maximum delta-T it can attain, but I must have slept through those physics lectures.

So, in short, this post has been the drunken :chug: ramblings of a man with little idea what he's talking about :p

GL

I will be setting the Aircon to continuous cold - ie run all the time.
Then i will use a temp controller to dial the temp i want and taht will switch the aircon on and off and keep the temp at what i set.

Hi Guys,
I have been doing the same as ken plans on doing for over a year, which includes throughout last summer, the cool room is in the sun and last summer i measured a top temp on top of it of around 65c with the sun beating down on it.
While inside it was capable of keeping the temp anywhere i wanted which could be even below lager fermenting temp at actuall 'lagering' temp of just above freezing up the aircon. the lowest i have actually kept it running is about 4c. But it could go even lower, it would just mean the aircon would switch on more often,
I have it set currently at a 5c difference (known as the hysterresses or something like that), the temp iam wanting to maintain will be in the middle of the 5c difference, for instance for 6c the controller will be set at around 3-4c, then aircon will then switch off when it hits 4c and switch back on when it hits 8-9c.
The aircon is switched to test mode, which bypasses the internal thermostat, a even better way to do it would be have it so the aircon fan is always running, but i haven't done this yet and haven't found i need too.

Cheers Jayse
heres a pic of the totally water proof controller.

cool_control001.jpg

Jayse

The idea for this came from watching yours in action.

Thanks...
:D

OK - Datfrog has kindly picked up my freezer panels for me before work this morning - they are 3.3m long - weny abit over his 3m trailer.

Will have mine at my house tomorrow night....

They do need a clean though - but are in good nick - so i am told.

Latest posts

Back