Cheap Conical Fermenters Now In Aus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around $250 new in the States, so probably more like $300 here. MIght as well keep saving for a stainless one.

A lot more stuff I want in my brewery before I would worry about these.

if only it was a 60lt version id be all over it... that much space in the fridge at 25lt seems like more trouble than it's worth.

If you re-harvest your yeast this might be worth it but it's kind of small. Maybe it's good for starters. You'd need to re-use a lot of yeast before it pays for itself.

I like the look of these as well. Can anyone give me a reason to steer away from them?

too small a volume... take up too much space in the fridge (currently I can stack 2x30lt FV's in the fridges)... has an effing blooper... doesnt give me a blow job.... non bling fittings... etc

I like the look of these as well. Can anyone give me a reason to steer away from them?

You can ferment in a Bunnings fermentor
You can harvest yeast from a Bunnings fermentor

This is bling, a Bunnings fermentor is not

A touch too small as said - main plus is the dump valve for removing spent yeast instead of racking (if you are inclined to do that sort of thing).
Still reasonable price considering they are $220US over there. I like the look of the 8 gallon one and would probably buy one of them if the seller stocks them.

152 bucks with six days bidding to go plus 30 bucks freight, i'd be looking at getting one made locally out of stainless, making the stand is not rocket science, rather spend the money on a flooded font :icon_drool2: .
great idea but plastic.... think yeast will not settle out like a s/steel one but rather stick to the sides.

cause I said it was!

why not?

HAHA! - I know you said, and for a second I thought, oh it must be cause QK said.. then I thought about it! :p

Why not? Is your non conical fermenters producing bad beer? is it worth your expense to still ferment in plastic but with a 30* angle and what look like brass taps :blink:

Count me out - ramp up the choir though, 'Conical Night.. Holy night'

2c.

Latest posts

Back