Cheap Braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would oil fry a turkey anyway??

I thought the same Florian.
I dont know about using it for brewing but would like to see how it would go with smoking meats or even a roast.

Cheers

I thought the same Florian.
I dont know about using it for brewing but would like to see how it would go with smoking meats or even a roast.

Cheers
Americans like to do it at thanksgiving. Some YouTube vids of them deep-frying whole birds. Go watch some and scare yourself.

Who would oil fry a turkey anyway??

I didn't see that bit ?

it's got a drip tray and a hole in the middle so could be used for recirculation the wort.

Love the imagery, might include a turkey in any diagrams I draw of my rig,
big-easy-process.jpg

You can't believe anything you read on the internet, Amazon reviews least of all (infested with marketing spam bull much?) but this might be worth noting

some yankee turkey fryer in reviews below item said:
Good idea and makes great turkeys when it works. I bought this a few months ago, used it 3 times before the bottom fell out of the stainless steel container (that you insert into the fire chamber)and this caused a small grease fire in the unit. Upon closer inspection the container is cheaply tack welded together and will come apart after a few uses. I have confirmed this flaw with another BIG EASY owner who also is having the same problem with the tack welds. Warranty is only 3 months on this product so it will last only one season if you are lucky. Char-Broil needs to look at their quality control concerning critical components with respect to this product since this could be a potential safety hazard.

******* idiots if deep frying in peanut oil!!! very very combustable and nearly every chef i have seen do not recommend if for the very reason of self combustion at low temps.

let the yanks burn there decking if they do it!.

It hold a 16 pound bird which is about 7kg of grain. so i would say bout a 30L capacity.

deep fired turkey is a winner.
Smashes the shit out of pumpkin pie that my yank brother in law loves so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of US brewers start of with a turkey fryer setup to start extract brewing.

You get a pot and burner/stand at a good price.

The way we mimic the yanks, might see them pop up here too.

Turkeys, cranberries and FREEDOM. Three overrated American exports.

Also Sierra Nevada :ph34r:

The best thing about Yanks & Turkeys is that they brought us the famous 'Turkey Burner' aka Nasa burner that so many use here.

For that we can be thankful. The rest of it (frying birds in vats of oil etc) is pure lunacy. :blink:

Hopper.

Yep. They're Canadian though. I always preferred Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time atleast they don't seem to waste food.

Last edited by a moderator:
me too someone post a pic
:icon_drool2:

dpjqf4.jpg

It is a quail inside a cornish game hen, inside a chicken, inside a duck, inside a turkey, inside a suckling pig with croissant based stuffing and bacon wrapped pretty much in between each layer and over the glazed pig. The birds were deboned and cooked as a whole then put into the pig. Yeah it looks pretty dammed Epic to me!

Latest posts

Back