Cheap Aluminium Stock Pots. Too Good To Be True?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to be a mistake on their site. All the bigger pots are $61.16.

Got to be a mistake on their site. All the bigger pots are $61.16.

I looked at these a few years ago,the prices were the same.I also thought it was a mistake and went the allquip route.But might give them a try.

I bet they don't have them in stock, which is why they have't bothered to price any of the bigger sizes (why would they all be the same).
Price might be legit though for the smaller 40L though. I checked a commercial catering site that I know about, and they list their 40L aluminium pot for $100.10 ex, so $111

We're about to find out.... I've just put in an order.

Andy

I paid around $120 for my 90lt a couple of years ago <_<

Batz

I bought one a few years back.... but have forgotten all about it.... :ph34r:

Damn. Good going, Andy. Hopefully they'll honour the web advertised price.

Incidentally, the only thing I would've done differently on my 100L HLT was bump it to 120 or 140L :wub:
Here's hoping you went with the big boy.

What did shipping set you back?

reVox

Damn. Good going, Andy. Hopefully they'll honour the web advertised price.

Incidentally, the only thing I would've done differently on my 100L HLT was bump it to 120 or 140L :wub:
Here's hoping you went with the big boy.

What did shipping set you back?

reVox

Just ordered a 140L stock pot for $74.01 delivered to Sydney.

Ian...

I've gone the 120L for the HLT - I figured anything less would be too small.

$20 for 3 pots delivered to Melbourne.

I was too paranoid about parting with the cash so rang them to confirm a freight price to WA..... They said they would get back to me...... I rang a week later......they said they would get back to me......I rang a few days later.......They said the listed price was a mistake....
Hmmmm
Good Luck !!

Guys

Cheflink have had some problems with the website. The nutters who set it up put the wrong prices on there apparently. I ordered mine on there a month ago and it took some time to sort out. They were good to sort me out with a cheap pot but not at the advertised price.

Be aware they are not likely to be able to honour the advertised price BUT they did the right thing by me...and no doubt will try and do the right thing by others. Just be patient.

Cheers

JB

so how much dod they actually charge you for what size?

Guys

Cheflink have had some problems with the website. The nutters who set it up put the wrong prices on there apparently. I ordered mine on there a month ago and it took some time to sort out. They were good to sort me out with a cheap pot but not at the advertised price.

Be aware they are not likely to be able to honour the advertised price BUT they did the right thing by me...and no doubt will try and do the right thing by others. Just be patient.

Cheers

JB

If Cheflink are aware of the problems and have known about it for ages then they have a responsibility to get the prices fixed. If it were me and i placed an order today and they didn't honour it i would say stuff you and take legal action against them.

Pure laziness on their behalf.

Rook

Its pretty obvious that these prices are wrong. I must say I would feel a bit dodgy placing and order with them and then forcing them to honour it. Fine if the prices were at all plausible (ie increasing in volume) but the fact that they stay the same even as the size increases is clearly a mistake. I agree its their responsibility to fix it but seriously can you hold a straight face and claim you thought it was a legit price??? <_<

I just rang them and they have been reading this thread. Yes there prices are wrong on the site. very helpfull lady on the phone though. Even offered us bulk buy prices.

She's gonna call me back in 5mins with some prices.

Back