Quantcast

Chatroom

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
i tried to enter the chatroom and nothing happens.ive tried several times and hit a brick wall.
is there a problem somewhere?

cheers
big d

dane

Reaction score
Big D,

Not that I have used it recently but I just tested and it seemed to work fine for me.

It uses flash, so make sure you have the latest flash player/pluggin from macromedia.

let me know if you still have problems.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
thanks fiscus
will check it out again tomorrow.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
sorry bigd
my fault using a dodgey free connection i'll catch ya another nite.

fingers

Reaction score
really like this site, but find it very difficult to navigate,would appreciate any help,,,,,,old brewer but new to computers...cheers fingers

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
gday fingers
if its the chatroom you after left click on the chatroom section under the navigation section and it will take you from there.just check before hand under online users if anyone is chatting otherwise you will be on your pat malone.come to think of you may be anyway as the response time is very slow and if a few people log on then it becomes way to slow.
best of luck

fingers

Reaction score
thanks for the help Big D.I have been visiting Grumpys site for a while because it is so easy to follow,especially for us non computer types,but I like this site much better but keep getting lost.I have posted a couple of things and somehow lost them.am very new to computers.I read with interest that you live in the NT and have trouble brewing because of the heat, have you ever considered brewing in a temp controlled fridge,if you would like some info give me a yell, but yell somewhere that will be easy to find
cheers fingers.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
hi fingers
my biggest problem was cooling the wort but ive overcome this by adding 10 litres of water from the fridge straight into the fermenter.this brings the temp to about 24-25 degrees so i then pitch my yeast straight in and shes away.fermenting is done in an aircond house so that temp is always constant.
now lagers if i try one will have to be done in the fridge.problem is the fridge is used to cold condition and always has about 40 -60 plus litres in it.

cheers
big d

fingers

Reaction score
sounds like you have got it under control Big D,I live in the southern highlands nsw where the temp can be 0deg at night and 30deg by lunchtime,so I need temp control
cheers

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
thats the beauty of the top end the temps are very predictable from one day to the next.it will be a big learning curve for me when i move down to perth in a few years time.by then i hope to have the full mash system up and running with the knowledge to go with it.these sites certainly help.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
hows it going bigd.iam too tired to chat tonite and in a terrible mood.
catchya another nite.the chat last nite was great.

bloody do gigs every tuesday in the city.iam sick of it.every tuesday iam in a foul mood because of this gig.i don't need the work but still can't knock it back.so i just struggle through.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
no worries jayse catch ya later