Quantcast

Chat

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Linz

Reaction score
Just wondering if it were possible to add a chat room to the site ?

Linz

dane

Reaction score
I have had a couple of people requesting this.

I like the idea however my only concern is that the discussions that go on in these chats wont be logged and therefore useful infromation may not be asked/posted/answered for everyone to see/read/search for at a later time.

What are other people ideas/impressions on this??

Maybe there can be a general 'rule' where usefull infromation can be posted to the board as well.

If others want it then I will add it to the site ASAP.

I'm all for expanding the site and helping people out and I think through chat it will probably make things easier.

Let me know.....

Linz

Reaction score
I raised this point because when I had logged on earlier, there was several other members browsing at the time. It would have been great to have a chat to them without having to wait a long time for a response.
I, too, believe valuable information should be posted. The advantage would be for quick "g'days" and general chit chat and other off topic subjects that wouldn't be of value to other members, and shouldn't be structured for particular time sessions and subject content such as " Skotrats brewchat" but would be more for the aussie brewers.

Thanks for the consideration

Linz
:rolleyes:

Ic3man

Reaction score
Well im thinking if a chat function was implemented.. and people want the useful information.. people should restrict questions to say like a general rule of big complex q's are restricted to the forums.. there wouldn't be a way of policing this.. but as a general rule..
This would keep good information into the forums.. Otherwise people might ask little questions such as how each other are.. how their brews are going etc..
But honestly.. if you want a chat session.. you can always start one of those mirc type ones up.. where they can be logged etc.. and also have a window where they can get online thru the site.. java or whateva..
Neways.. to me doesn't bother me but if it takes up too much server cpu time.. then you gotta start thinking about bandwidth and if its purposeful to lose reaction time and forum time on a chat room.

Latest posts