Chat Room

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
does anyone use the chat room never seen anyone in their

Jayse,

I asked this some time back, I think it is only there for its looks.

Rook

I'll admit I was all for it at the start when the idea was thrown around for it. However the implementation of it doesnt seem to be all that stable. I've had the chat window lock up IE both at work and home.

Might just be me though..

Perhaps a simpler implementation may work better? Something less IRC in style and more rat chat in style.

Chat Room,

I hope this comes accross OK.

I have been in the chat room when others have been on-line.
I think the problem is that - there is no pop message saying who is in the chat room.
Unless you refresh the forum window - you dont see if anyone is chatting.
This is if the go into the chat room after you log into the forum that shows no one chatting.

Therefore, you wait - no one comes in so you log out....

well i would stay in room if i know people are in there or actually come into the room

ivw been going in trouble is it cuts out after awhile ohwell just have to go back in.ill keep going in if anyone else is

I had the lock up problem the other night 21/8/03. I had to close it down and relog on to the site.whats with the lag time tween posts and the auto censor??

Is there another model of chatroom that can replace the current one?,as I did enjoy chatting with a few of the guys but disappointed at having to close the site and re-enter again. Not a shot at our FANTASTIC moderators and forum maintainers :)

To be honest I was never really keen on a chat system as I was afraid that valuable information wouldn't be logged and therfore other would benefit.

I also see the nedd (interest) in having a general chat area for everyone to catch up.

The chat system that I quickly put together here is far from ideal. The main reason that I chose it was that it could be intergrated into the forum member database so usernames were kept (and registered users could only use it).

I am a big IRC user and I don;t think you can beat proper IRC. The problem is that not everyone is 'savvy' enough to be installing Mirc and joining chat rooms, etc. (not that it is difficult).

I think there is a JS irc client that works quite well (however I can't remember the name atm), however the problem is that if we move to IRC we would have to setup BOTS and OPS, etc. Something that I'm not really familiar with.

Invision do have a chat module that intergrates with the board but it comes at a price.

I'm open for suggestions.

:p

Back