Charlie Pickering & True South Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
just heard on the Rush Hour (tripleM) that Charlie Paickering (The project) is a homebrewer. hosted ballarat beer festival and true south (hi Sam) offered for him and his mate to come brew a batch at true south.

They are apparently brewing a belgian beer. The rush hours boys said "oh beglians are that hoppy heavy style beer isnt it". Picking said "yeah" (check your style guide mate), then goes on to say, "its going to be a saison, which pretty means you throw in anything thats fresh" WTF?! :blink:

gees, what started off as a good sounding plug went south (no pun inteded sam) pretty quickly.

edit: good plug for True South though
edit:2 quiet Nick! ;)

Well there's your problem - listening to TripleM ;)

just heard on the Rush Hour (tripleM) that Charlie Paickering (The project) is a homebrewer. hosted ballarat beer festival and true south (hi Sam) offered for him and his mate to come brew a batch at true south.

They are apparently brewing a belgian beer. The rush hours boys said "oh beglians are that hoppy heavy style beer isnt it". Picking said "yeah" (check your style guide mate), then goes on to say, "its going to be a saison, which pretty means you throw in anything thats fresh" WTF?! :blink:

gees, what started off as a good sounding plug went south (no pun inteded sam) pretty quickly.

edit: good plug for True South though
edit:2 quiet Nick! ;)

Rough guess that if Pickering knows what a saison is and is full mash brewing that he realises about 1% of his audience will know or care and making stupid statements will stop him looking like the brewing nerd he probably is.

Otherwise he would have just made 'beer'.

It is shit that mainstream media audiences are either so dumb or are considered so dumb by Tv and radio producers that everything has to be facetious and directed at people with the attention spa......whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??!

but look at what Andrew Gaze did in that TV show featuring Andy D.

Hopefully there were no shit jokes about the fact that the head brewer at TS is a lady.

Stop listening to Triple M. Music, ads and hosts are all shite.

but look at what Andrew Gaze did in that TV show featuring Andy D.

Hopefully there were no shit jokes about the fact that the head brewer at TS is a lady.

Stop listening to Triple M. Music, ads and hosts are all shite.
Yeah I know about gazys/andys segment. Ashame.

No jokes, actuakly it was good that JB knew of TS and said it was good.

Nothing wrong with rock.

Rough guess that if Pickering knows what a saison is and is full mash brewing that he realises about 1% of his audience will know or care and making stupid statements will stop him looking like the brewing nerd he probably is.
The guy is a "television presenter and comedian" so he makes a living out of making a twat of himself, so I very much doubt he was afraid of making 'stupid statements' - most likely he simply had no idea what he was talking about. :)

+1

AM SEN is your shot :ph34r:

They used to refer to that station as MEN on the one I listen to. Found it quite amusing.

It's still a good plug for craft brewing in australia, even if Charlie has no idea. And don't forget people Pickering started at the J's, guess he grew up and realised that the j's aint really the j's anymore.

if that is the case, re Charlie, then I might try and court a celeb to help my brewing aspirations, thinking someone a little more edgy, Mathew Newton perhaps?

Didn't realize MMM is still broadcasting, is there still a Dr Dan competition to shred and stuff?

It's not what you know it's whether you're a celebrity.
Who gives a fat rat's clacker what Charlie thinks or says.

And MMM is shite.

Charlie Pickering hate: opens Ballarat Beer fest with "this is the best Ballarat Beer Fest EVER" thus committing either a temporal fallacy and/or condemning all future (and past) events to be worse than the one he was hosting at the moment of the utterance.

Such a blinkered perspective of temporality. Pah.

Charlie Pickering hate: opens Ballarat Beer fest with "this is the best Ballarat Beer Fest EVER" thus committing either a temporal fallacy and/or condemning all future (and past) events to be worse than the one he was hosting at the moment of the utterance.

I have a mate...
We did kits for years and then I moved away and he stopped....
When I started brewing ag...he watched
6 months ago he asked me about AG...after 5 years of not brewing
He now biabs...and he knows Everything about brewing
I told him a beer he made was Infected..he did not know what I meant ...
Charlie...good luck bloke...brewing is a quarter of it...

Towards the end of the Ballarat Beer Fest it appeared as though Charlie had managed to garner the attention of a young blonde (ish) sort of thing. Was a funny moment when a large section of the rather drunken crowd spied onto this and a big "Charlie, Charlie, Charlie" slow chant started. Might have had to have been there I guess but was funny at the time :lol:

I don't mind Charlie's work generally.

Do MMM still make those stickers that used to be everywhere, ie. the ones that said "MMM rocks (insert anything random)"?? Those stickers were rather shit

Towards the end of the Ballarat Beer Fest it appeared as though Charlie had managed to garner the attention of a young blonde.

blonde eh? I would have thought Charlie was more of a lager man, bom tish

I'm somewhat ambivalent about this guy, but why are we bagging him, he's on our side, isn't he?

^enjoyed it

blonde eh? I would have thought Charlie was more of a lager man, bom tish

I'm somewhat ambivalent about this guy, but why are we bagging him, he's on our side, isn't he?

Anyone in mainstream media that promotes craft beer is a friend of mine, if they are a little misguided then maybe they just need a bit more advice/education.........I say support it..........and listen to JJJ!

Do MMM still make those stickers that used to be everywhere, ie. the ones that said "MMM rocks (insert anything random)"?? Those stickers were rather shit

So shit you remembered it? I think that was the point ;) Effective advertsing

Latest posts

Back