Charcoal in Grafton?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkmad

Reaction score
I've recently moved to Grafton (from Sydney) and am trying to source some charcoal to cook a pig for my dads birthday. I can't seem to find anywhere that stocks bbq charcoal. Only thing I can find is heatbeads, but I'd prefer charcoal if I could get it. I know there's a few Grafton people on the forums so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Cheers.

Only the usual places. Which basically consists of Bunning$, Bunning$ & Bunning$

You could always make your own.

You coming the the Homebrew judging for the show ?

We did a spit for our Pub Social Club recently, I will ask to see if anyone knows

Bunnings sell lump charcoal
otherwise hit up Country Brewer in Toormina (Coffs Harbour), I think they had lump charcoal

Thanks for the replies. I haven't seen lump charcoal at Bunnings before, so I'll have to go check them out. Otherwise I'll pop by the country brewer in Toormina.

As for the homebrew judging, I won't be able to attend this year unfortunately. I have a wedding in Sydney that weekend. I'm looking forward to unpacking my brewing gear though and getting a brew on. Because of the move, I haven't brewed for about 3 months, so am getting withdrawals and also going broke buying beer.

Yep, asked me charcoal cooking guru mate and lump charcoal from Bunnings or wood from someones woodstove you know (Not mine, wood don't stand a chance to be partly burnt).

He says he uses the bit more expensive heatbead ball charcoal things instead of the lump charcoal wood or the cheaper heatbeads, says he gets the same burn and taste as lump charcoal but the burn last a lot longer, and they're cheaper. but he reckons to stay away from the cheap cheap ones you see out front of Coles and Woollies quite often.

Sure enough bunnings had some. Picked up the last two bags.

Latest posts

Back