Champagne bottles - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stiftung

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get about 40 used champagne/sparkling wine bottles within the next couple of weeks?

I have a cherry saison I want to bottle with a higher carb volume.

Stiftung said:
Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get about 40 used champagne/sparkling wine bottles within the next couple of weeks?

Might be worth trying function centres, anywhere that hosts wedding parties.

Stiftung said:
Hi All,

I've got about 24 which are superfluous to requirements.

Will happily exchange for a couple of your finest.

JD

JDW81 said:
I've got about 24 which are superfluous to requirements.

Will happily exchange for a couple of your finest.

JD
That'd be great! I could deliver a couple back to you once bottled? I'm only on my second batch as a brewer so I don't have any previous bottles lying around

No worries mate.

Where do you live? I'm out in werribee.

JD

I'm out in Lilydale but it would be a good reason to take the kids to Werribee zoo sometime over the weekend

I have a few extra plus a shit load of pint bottles if you want them. They will need a clean though. Im close to JD so i can drop them off if you tee it up.

I'm working this weekend, but let me know if you're coming out this way and I'll leave them by the front door.

I'll even throw in the dust for free!

No you need the bigger crowns. Grain and Grape has the standard caps listed as 27mm and the tirage caps as 29mm. They also sell champagne/tirage bottles $16 for 10 and the bigger 29mm bell for a bench capper. I have a about 4 spare chamagne bottle and a doz or more pint bottles.

Yep, you'll need a tirage bell and caps. No big deal. I've never regretted buying them, even though I mostly keg. However, 750's are great for long-ageing beers.

Alright, I had originally thought I would need 29mm caps and then I read a forum thread that suggested maybe not. No biggie.

I will come out on Saturday sometime and pick up the bottles if that's still ok?

Are the pint bottles good for a higher carbonation volume? if so, I'll grab them too.

Cheers!

Yeah I didnt really think about that. Im not really sure so Id have to say no sorry. Just to be safe.

Stiftung said:
I will come out on Saturday sometime and pick up the bottles if that's still ok?

Are the pint bottles good for a higher carbonation volume? if so, I'll grab them too.

Cheers!
No problems mate. I'm out at work all day and Mrs JD won't be home either, so I'll leave the bottles on the front doorstep.

I'll PM you my address and number in case there are any dramas.

Cheers,

JD.

Latest posts

Back