Chalk Board Paint For Labelling Beers On Tap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmyummybeer

Reaction score
I have been looking for some coloured chalk board paint to decorate my little girls room when I came across a recipe to make you own chalk board paint. I thought it may also be of some interest here, as I have seen many pics of painted chalk boards behind taps to keep track of which beer is pouring. I haven't tried it yet but the recipe seems nice and simple 1/2 cup of acrylic paint mixed with 1 tablespoon of unsanded grout. You just colour the paint and get what ever coloured chalk board you want.
Anyway I thought it might be helpful to anyone pimping there kegging set up etc :)
I also hope it does actually work of course. <_<

Chalk_board_paint.jpgChalk_board_paint_2.jpg

Really, that much? from memory I only paid around $20 for mine from Bunnings.

Hmm if it works it would certainly beat paying $50 bucks for a little tin of ready made chalk board paint.

Pretty much what I was thinking when I saw it. I recon I'll give it a go and see what happens, and can post back later with the results.

Really, that much? from memory I only paid around $20 for mine from Bunnings.

I looked in bunnings however they only have black or green no other colours. Coloured paints seems to be more expensive especially if you have to get it shipped. But if you wanted black then yeah bunnings is probable the go.

You can buy a chalkboard with a pretty nice timber frame for under $50.
Or have I missed the point?

Spotlight had little tins of black or green chalkboard paint for under ten bucks iirc.

Put the chalk in your beer and use a whiteboard. :D

Put the chalk in your beer and use a whiteboard. :D

Yeah..... I use white board markers, fridge is white!?! Will be getting the odd custom magnet made in the new year for regulars. ;)

Didn't want to start a new thread. Has anyone had the chalk scrape the chalk-board paint off your fridge? Should I have used a primer? Another coat? Not really sure why it's happened. A very light touch doesn't scrape it off, but the normal pressure you'd apply to a blackboard does.

Keg king have a tap handle with a whiteboard / chalkboard built in and an led around it to light up it also has a counter on so you can see how naughty you are

Coo brewing said:
Keg king have a tap handle with a whiteboard / chalkboard built in and an led around it to light up it also has a counter on so you can see how naughty you are
I thought the whole point of kegging was to make it harder to count!

Latest posts

Back