Centennial hophash incoming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very keen to hear about your experience with it though, BottloBill
I'd love to give some of this sticky icky a go

What brew have you got planned for it?

Definitely looks potent haha

Devhay said:
What brew have you got planned for it?

Definitely looks potent haha
Fed some into a heavy Bock.
I opened it up before going to work the morning it arrived and then placed it in the shed freezer, Wife got home at 6pm and said it still smelt dank in the house

BottloBill said:
Well despite all the negativity the hash landed fair into my hands UNOPENED and fresh as, well hop resin of the hammers
Remarkable. I've been reproved for far less suss looking items.
Can you PM me you contact in customs details?
I've got a a couple of packages on the way from Mexico and Columbia I'm a little anxious about.

Dave70 said:
I've got a a couple of packages on the way from Mexico and Columbia I'm a little anxious about.
:p

Dave70 said:
Neomexicanus hops?

Dave70 said:
I thought the piss, you were taking. But Neomexicanus is totaly for real. And sounds delicious.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/sierra-nevada-harvest-wild-hop-ipa--neomexicanus/300427/
Yup, and the region it's grown in (New Mexico, California, etc) is fairly similar in climate to the Upper Hunter/New England in NSW, so I'm wondering if it would grow well here
Alas I can only find a source for seeds, not rhizomes, and it's in the US so getting them here would be rather expensive

sp0rk said:
Alas I can only find a source for seeds, not rhizomes, and it's in the US so getting them here would be rather expensive
If you had seeds then you would be effectively growing a different hop. Most hop variants are grown as clones of a single plant. New hop variants are created by cross-breeding existing variants and then selecting and propagating individual plants.

This is true, but I don't see another way of getting it in to the country (no one sells rhizomes)

It's probably possible with a lot of hoop jumping. Not something that you would do for your own personal plants in the backyard.

And who knows, with Donald it may get harder. Back to the dark ages, where transporting hops was a capital offence.

Another 10 kilo through customs untouched, must be the best time of the year to shift dodgy looking products!

The **** do you do with that?

10 kg>>?????

Where can I buy some from the next shipment?

Dang this new batch is the shizz

1483608479627.jpg

BottloBill said:
sorry last time I tried to help people out on here I got shafted for commercial supply:angry:
maybe cause you weren't following the rules on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back