Celli Pouring Issue

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicko72

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a strange issue with my Celli's and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions.
About 50% of the time I get an inconsistent pour.
The beer either jets out at an angle or spirals out causing a sort of bubble at the end of the tap.
Sometimes when I first pour it can be OK and then after a few seconds will change to the issues above.

If I close the tap and reopen a couple of times the pour comes more steady.

The weird thing is it happens on all 6 of my Celli's.
Every time I change a keg I run hot PBW through the lines and tap, rinse with hot water, then finish with starsan.
Every 4 months or so I will strip down and lubricate with Lubrifilm.

I serve at around 90KPA.
All my beer lines are identical in length about 50cm.
I split my gas line to 2 x 4 gas manifolds.

Anyone have any ideas? :wacko:

Thanks again!

Buy a packet of pipe cleaners and poke that little hole just above the spout.

when you strip them down do you pull them fully apart?

should look like this:

IMG_2058.jpg

Buy a packet of pipe cleaners and poke that little hole just above the spout.

when you strip them down do you pull them fully apart?

I do strip them apart completely.
There is very rarely anything grim inside them.

I have been trying to remember to spray water up the tap at the end of each session.
After a few beers this tends to be overlooked!

As Liam has pointed out, make sure the little bleed hole just behind the spout is clear, just general cleaning may well miss this.
Easiest way to keep clear is to squirt some water up the spout with a syringe & piece of tube, forcing liquid through the bleed hole.

Cheers Ross

lol, you know ive had this 'problem' on a few of my taps for about 6 months (had the taps for about 3yrs), i just never gave to much of a stuff about it. now that I know what the issue is i might do something about it.

As Liam has pointed out, make sure the little bleed hole just behind the spout is clear, just general cleaning may well miss this.
Easiest way to keep clear is to squirt some water up the spout with a syringe & piece of tube, forcing liquid through the bleed hole.

Cheers Ross

I have used this method in the past. Just not consistently!
I will give it a try and let you know.

lol, you know ive had this 'problem' on a few of my taps for about 6 months (had the taps for about 3yrs), i just never gave to much of a stuff about it. now that I know what the issue is i might do something about it.

lol yeah same here. Has never really bothered me either but as you said, now I know what the issue is I too might do something about it.

My taps look different but if I pull the tap the opposite way and hold a finger under the tap outlet the cleaning fluid from my keg squirts out the little hole, cleaning it and also same with steralising solution. I think it may also do that pulling the handle the 'beer way' and holding a finger under the tap outlet.

Under pressure it may just eject whatever is in there :)

Back