Ccing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ads7

Reaction score
Hi

Due to various family commitments and hot weather my 2 can coopers has been ccing for about 3.5 weeks. Should I chuck it or bottle? tasted really good about a week ago.

Thanks

Adam

Bottle! If you chuck it, you're guaranteed to lose the whole batch. If you bottle, your chances are always going to be better. In other words, only bottle if the product is guaranteed to taste fecal. May take a few weeks longer for priming to occur.

if your beer is in a clean container in the fridge at around 1-4C, 4 weeks is about spot on! That's what I used to aim for, but some were left in the fridge CCing for over three months without any hassle.
If it doesn't have carpet growing on the surface, carbonate and drink it.
cheers

She'll be right ads7. I always have intentions of leaving it that long but get too impatient and only go for 2 weeks cc'ing.
Cheers
Steve

left one in for 3mths CCing one of the best beers i have made

It will be fine, it would be a hard for any bacteria to grow at low temperatures so the length of time you leave it is only going to make the beer better.

I have left a keg for 4 months before I started to drink it, it was a very clear beer thats for sure.

I have left a brew out of the fridge for 3 weeks, It was cristal clear, tasted good,,,, ONLY problem, NO CARBONATION, seemed like all the yeast was dormant or something as it diddnt seem to carbonate fully with sugar ???

Dunn o but it all went down the gurgler, MY THROAT, lol, tasted nice really cold, just under ice forming.

Casey

Thanx heaps guys ill botte and skull. hehehe.

ads

Oh yeah got a corona clone in primary bout 3 weeks. reckon itl be ok? anything i should do?

thanx

ads

bad luck if it tastes like a Corona :ph34r: :D
primary is at room temp? better smell and taste, could be <vomit> :eek: (can't find the vomiting emoticon smiley thing??)

i tend to add some 2 day into ferment, plus priming and does ok. some like the wheat beers use a lager yeast.

i think the terminology used from days gone by is larks vomit. :D

D

Ploppy said:
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but what does "CC" stand for?
[post="108358"][/post]​
Ploppy

CC = Cold Conditionig

Steve

Somewhere on the site there's an explanation of all the "brewing axioms" search for that and wonder at the marvels presented to you.

p.s. Don't blame me if you get nothing from that search :)

Ah, cheers stephen, I'll have to read up on that. And thanks mika_lika, I'll try a search for that and see what comes up :)

just kekked the 2 can and threwthe corona. 2 can looked really clear. and tasted ok see thw pub

Ads7 unless you know for sure that it is going to be bad just bottle it. In three years of brewing i have only tosed 2 brews. 1 out of the fermenter because it smelt and tasted to funky to bottle, and 1 cause it tasted like crap even after 6 weeks in the bottle.
I have also on occions left beer in my fermenter at low temps for up to 8 weeks and they have been really good.

and then...

Cold condition for X weeks... Warm up (slowly) to a warmer temp... what if you dont warm up an then bottle cold?

Does it just take longer to carbonate or am I risking bomba al la garaga?

Will the yeast get the shits if its botlled cold or should I cap away?

(I ask as i'd have too move from CC into the house thus risking unsettleing all the crud which has settled after over 1 month of CC)

(Boozy not dead, just smelly (+newborn and job that sucks at times!)

((and a very annoying virus that keeps on redirecting me!!!)

ive done both the warm and the cold bottling with no obvious effects

Back