Ccing Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
is it a bad thing when ccing if the temp rises up to 10 or so degrees instead of being at 1 or 2 degrees. cause we had a power problem that took about 6 or so hours to fix so the fridge was unpowered for the whole time hence the temp rise. will this have a bad effect on this beer?

barls,

none whatsoever - just take back down again & continue...

cool thanks for easing my mind i was a little worried but thank god i took the bavarian lager out on the weekend now its just the Heineken clone.

barls said:
cool thanks for easing my mind i was a little worried but thank god i took the bavarian lager out on the weekend now its just the Heineken clone.
[post="68473"][/post]​

Sorry to hijack but my question is along the same lines.
Im in a situation where i may not have room in my fridge to lager the beer as soon as i keg it. Im using WL German Lager yeast, if i keg the beer then purge (burp whatever) the keg and leave it at room temp (18-20*C) and CC it say two weeks later, will this effect the final outcome of the lager? Off tastes? etc...?
Or do i have to CC it as soon as its kegged to make a proper tasting lager?

Any pointers would be great......

Cheers,
Hopsta

its alright mate hijack away im interested in the answer to that question as well for future refence

Latest posts

Back