Ccing Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
is it a bad thing when ccing if the temp rises up to 10 or so degrees instead of being at 1 or 2 degrees. cause we had a power problem that took about 6 or so hours to fix so the fridge was unpowered for the whole time hence the temp rise. will this have a bad effect on this beer?

barls,

none whatsoever - just take back down again & continue...

cool thanks for easing my mind i was a little worried but thank god i took the bavarian lager out on the weekend now its just the Heineken clone.

barls said:
cool thanks for easing my mind i was a little worried but thank god i took the bavarian lager out on the weekend now its just the Heineken clone.
[post="68473"][/post]​

Sorry to hijack but my question is along the same lines.
Im in a situation where i may not have room in my fridge to lager the beer as soon as i keg it. Im using WL German Lager yeast, if i keg the beer then purge (burp whatever) the keg and leave it at room temp (18-20*C) and CC it say two weeks later, will this effect the final outcome of the lager? Off tastes? etc...?
Or do i have to CC it as soon as its kegged to make a proper tasting lager?

Any pointers would be great......

Cheers,
Hopsta

its alright mate hijack away im interested in the answer to that question as well for future refence

Back