Cb Site Down?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo1234

Reaction score
Is it just my computer or is the CB site down? It is failing to load but all other sites are loading? :(

what recipe do you have planned for your Oktoberfest, if you don't mind sharing?

Once I find out I'll let you know! :lol:

I have no idea as I am only up to my 4th AG brew but will be on the look out for one soon so that I can lager it till October!

The old platform the current site is running on is becoming very unreliable & is having a fair bit of down time. Please bare with us, it won't be for long....

The new website with plenty of new products is well under way.... :)

Cheers Ross

Once I find out I'll let you know! :lol:

I have no idea as I am only up to my 4th AG brew but will be on the look out for one soon so that I can lager it till October!

Well if you're unsure, you could try Tony's one. I plan to give it a whurl one day. From what I've read, the general concensus is that if you use munich I, your entire grist should be made up of munich and vienna (and speciality grains if desired), whereas if you use munich II, you can use Pilsner as well. The presence of crystal is up for debate, although my conclusion is that it should be left out as you do not want a sweet finish or any caramel notes at all.

Based on all of my research, Tony's recipe appears very on track with the authentic style (there are a lot of inaccurate interpretations out there), so I'm going to start with his and then make any changes I feel are necessary to suit my palate. I have seen respected brewers suggest starting with 33% Pilsner, Vienna and Munich II as a base and to make changes to suit after that, but I'd rather go with Tony's to start with as he is a veteran and cares about replicating the style too.

Call me obsessed, but I love me a good Marzen and I hate the fact that their availiability commercial is usually seasonal. Every day is a good day for a Marzen!

Back