Castle Hill Show Competition 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have a vacuum sealer. :)

Happy to do that but also probably don't need the hops at the moment. Glad you had a good day out there, mikk. They are good guys for sure. Let me know if you don't find a sealer though as I might be able to drop that by for you to use.

Finally got those results. That sets my mind at rest, Pete. Been waiting on the show people to send those out and glad they are finally done.
Yeah I remember your post saying it was in the show people's hands, so I was making an effort to be patient.

The comments regarding my dry stout echoed my thoughts exactly, No hops bitterness but an easy drinking stout. That's what you get for bittering with Boadiccea.

Hey Pete, at least you didnt try to late hop with Boadiccea like I did.
Ive got one in the keg which I am considering chucking (1st time). Just hoping that it will get better with age, but probably not. Might pour myself one now actually.

The Castle Hill Show was on the 8-10th March.
Can you believe I found this out on the 11th after googling it? There was bugger-all advertising that it was coming up.
I was planning on going to see my ribbon on display.

the comp was sept but the actual show was the weekend just gone.
looks like it will be the end of aug this year. im sure stu will put up details in a little bit.

jaypes said:
I think it is in september - at least it was last year

http://www.castlehillshow.com.au/castle-hill-show/home-brew.aspx
+1 for what Barls said.
Comp is run around october, then the ribbons & awards are held on by the castle hill show staff (separate to the homebrew comp guys), so they can put them on display at the show the following march.

Annoyed at the castle hill show guys, not anyone here.

Did anyone end up receiving any ribbons from this comp?
I emailed the castle hill show admin, and they said they were sent out soon after the show was held (in march).

I never received mine, although I did receive my judging notes and sponsor's prize soon after the comp. so this is a Castle Hill show issue - nothing to do with Stuster & Co's organising.

Nope, I didn't get one. I wasn't sure there were any, though heard rumours that ribbons of some kind were meant to exist for the following years show. A friend of mine who placed didn't get his either.

Who did you email? Perhaps if a few of us start asking, we might get a result...

mikk said:
Nope, I didn't get one. I wasn't sure there were any, though heard rumours that ribbons of some kind were meant to exist for the following years show. A friend of mine who placed didn't get his either.

Who did you email? Perhaps if a few of us start asking, we might get a result...
http://www.castlehillshow.com.au/contact.aspx

Here you go, Mikk.
Definitely send them a query.
The lady who replied said she's going to chase it up for me, especially when I mentioned my brauhaus (nee garage) wall is lacking adornments, and I have nothing to brag about.

Query sent. Will keep you posted.

I did get a reply from that lady, the ribbons were supposedly sent out soon after the show. That was months ago.
If anyone else received a ribbon or not, it would be good to know.

I just want my first place ribbon, dammit!

I got a reply from her too, asking for an address & phone number so things could be 'sorted out'. That was early last week.

So, 3 of us that should have received ribbons definately didn't. I'd have to say it's likely that no-one received any ribbons, sadly enough.

I know it's only a small issue in the overall scheme of things, but it would be nice to know what happened to them...

petesbrew said:
Good stuff Mikk,
Hopefully something will happen.
I am trying to get this straight. Can anyone who has not received their ribbons from last year's competition PM me as soon as possible.

Stuster said:
I am trying to get this straight. Can anyone who has not received their ribbons from last year's competition PM me as soon as possible.
I never received mine either. Grateful if u could chase it up for us. Cheers
Vaughan

vorno said:
I never received mine either. Grateful if u could chase it up for us. Cheers
Vaughan
rather than posting here where it could get missed I'd suggest ping him as he's currently organising this years one.

Latest posts

Back