Castle Hill Show Competition 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should be fine, mrc.

It's better to have a little more to ensure no trub gets poured out, but it should be fine. Our stewards are trained professionals. ;)

Got some of the prizes delivered to me today and it looks like I'll have a few for the judges/stewards as well, so if anybody is not interested by drinking beer, talking beer with colleagues, a nice lunch and as many free empty bottles as you can carry away, you could volunteer just for the chance to win something. :D

Do let me know if you are interested in coming along to judge or steward. The more the merrier.

Not long left now for entries to get to us.

Will there be beer for sale or tasting open to the general public at this event? It's kinda down the road for me and I wouldn't mind sticking my head in for a look.

I have only got long necks, is that going to be OK to use as entries

That should be fine, mrc.

It's better to have a little more to ensure no trub gets poured out, but it should be fine. Our stewards are trained professionals. ;)

Will there be beer for sale or tasting open to the general public at this event? It's kinda down the road for me and I wouldn't mind sticking my head in for a look.
Umm no.
Feel free to drop by but there usually isn't beer for sale. Come along and steward and drink with the rest of us

I have long necks as well, but they are re-used Coopers bottles so they have "Coopers" embossed on the glass. Is that a problem?

I'd heard before that bottles with brewery markings on them weren't a good idea for competitions.

Thanks for your help with my questions.

Fellers, relax ! If your beer is in a bottle, any bottle, and its enough to go around, then everything's going to be just fine.

Points are not lost for bottle embossing.

What jay cee said.

Judges don't see the bottles, they are poured into a jug in a separate room. Coopers bottles are appreciated by the judges later though as they take them at the end of the comp for their own breweries. :p

Oh ok cool haha.

Thanks for the response guys, as you have probably guessed this is the first competition I've entered :)

Only a couple more days for entries to be in. I'll be at the showground on Saturday 10-2 if you want to drop them in directly. Or Dave, Pat and the ESB guys will be taking entries until then as well.

I've just dropped off two brews at Dave's.
I'm very keen to get some feedback. Can anyone tell me how many entries this competition usually receives?
It's the first time I've ever entered a comp!!

I've just dropped off two brews at Dave's.
I'm very keen to get some feedback. Can anyone tell me how many entries this competition usually receives?
It's the first time I've ever entered a comp!!

According to last years thread there was over 210 entries

Yes, over 210 last year. Looks like there may be a few less this year, but we will see when they are all accounted for very soon.

Still hoping for a few more judges, particularly for Saturday, as well as more stewards. PM me if you are interested in pouring and drinking beers next weekend. :lol:

Yes, over 210 last year. Looks like there may be a few less this year, but we will see when they are all accounted for very soon.

Still hoping for a few more judges, particularly for Saturday, as well as more stewards. PM me if you are interested in pouring and drinking beers next weekend. :lol:

Hi Stu,

What time is the start on SAturday?

Cheers
Andrew

Exactly as Mrs Eyres said. Sorry not to send this out last night but internet failure. :angry:

Looking forward to the weekend. See all you judges and stewards there. :super:

Exactly as Mrs Eyres said. Sorry not to send this out last night but internet failure. :angry:

Looking forward to the weekend. See all you judges and stewards there. :super:
Good luck guys.

Latest posts

Back