Castle Hill Home brew Competition 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see you there barry.
mosto ill ask as i didnt unpack the first half.

mosto said:
Just a quick question, have all posted entries been picked up? Just that my tracking number says mine's been at Baulkham Hills PO since last Thursday. Not having a go at anyone, just want to make sure it got there ok.
Mine have been sitting there since Tuesday 13th... I'm assuming there will be a few more there than just mine and Mosto's - I'm hoping that someone will collect them all today???

Cheers,
Greg

Grego from SA said:
Mine have been sitting there since Tuesday 13th... I'm assuming there will be a few more there than just mine and Mosto's - I'm hoping that someone will collect them all today???

Cheers,
Greg
Either that or, if a heap were picked up at once, I could imagine that the clerk at the PO may not have bothered scanning them, so they would still be marked as awaiting collection.

mosto said:
Either that or, if a heap were picked up at once, I could imagine that the clerk at the PO may not have bothered scanning them, so they would still be marked as awaiting collection.
Let's hope so - fingers crossed.

guys can i get some full names to get stu to check the list to see if they have been entered. happy for you to pm me or stu if you sont want to post up on here.
also did you both do the online entry?
we ended up with around 600 entries so its hard to remember a single box.

Graeme Mostyn is my name Barls. Stu also pm'd me, so I've replied to that as well. Thanks for checking this guys.

I don't have any entries in this but live nearby - is there anything to 'see' at the competition? / What is it like there?

lael said:
I don't have any entries in this but live nearby - is there anything to 'see' at the competition? / What is it like there?
If you turn up I'm sure they'll be happy for any help.

I popped into the show ground today for a stickybeak. Everyone was very focused and doing a great job, Stu and the other organizers deserve a big pat on the back. The 15 minutes spent on each beer is above and beyond.

saw you drop in.
all done and dusted. congrats to all the winners. the beers were above the standard of last year.
stu will get the results up once he works his way through the massive pile of paperwork he has.

What time and where was it? Dropped by late in the afternoon but didn't see the event on :(

So results are out and here they are. As far as we can find out, this is the biggest amateur brewing competition held in Australia with 556 entries. (though I'd be interested if there were others that were bigger.)

Well done particularly to Barry Cranston and Michael Wallace for stellar performances once again.

Sheets will follow soon, but I'll need to have a little lie down now. :)

View attachment Castle Hill and NSW Competition Results 2013.pdf

lael said:
What time and where was it? Dropped by late in the afternoon but didn't see the event on :(
i got home around 6.30 i think we finished around 4.30

sorry for maybe an obvious question, but I got an HC, what does this stand for?

Also, the total scores do not seem to be the ranking criteria... how to the scores correlate with ranks?

i'm going to guess it means something like 'highly commendable' or something similar?

Back