Castle Hill and NSW State Homebrewing Competition 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got that info about Mark's as well. So if anybody in the Hunter/Newcastle way has suggestions for other options for drop off points, please PM me so we can work out another option.

And only another 6 days for entries to get in. We've got a good number already in the electronic entry system and looks like there will be a good few more to come.

Make sure you have those entries in for the chance to win a conical, a brew day, a big trophy, stacks of vouchers/merchandise/beer/yeast and of course the definite result of getting good feedback on your entries. The best reason to enter in fact is to help you in making better beer. :beerbang:

Just got all mine organised. 2 APA's, a Kolsch, a Stout and an Xmas beer.
Looking forward to seeing how I go in a competition as I've not entered one before.

Can you enter a beer in multiple categories if you are unsure which one it should be in?

What is the price per entry?

stienberg said:
Just got all mine organised. 2 APA's, a Kolsch, a Stout and an Xmas beer.
Looking forward to seeing how I go in a competition as I've not entered one before.
Does anyone know if APA is a category (so max 2 entries each) or a style(so just the 1)? I had thought the latter but this and the fact that the flyer says you're limited to 40 entries started me thinking? 6 day APA maybe?

Hmm. That's a tricky one there, Blind Dog. It could go either way. I think it would be best to just enter your best one and help out the poor judges. How many APAs can you judge before the taste buds start to melt? :party:

Anyway I'll get a ruling on this and get back to you. If you've already put 2 APAs in, they'll still be judged.

lael, yes you can. It's certainly hard sometimes to know which category to enter it in so if you really are not sure where it should go then enter it in different categories. It's only $5 to enter. But again, as with the other question, it's fine to enter if you are not sure but don't just whack it in twice if you are pretty sure you know which category to put it in.

Stuster said:
How many APAs can you judge before the taste buds start to melt? :party:
Depends if any are infected, but as a rule 15-20 (max), depending on how much you sample from each.

Yes, I know you were being rhetorical, Stu.

It would be good to know if there will be a dropoff point in Newcastle area or whether we need to post it. I'd much rather do a dropoff and time is kinda running short as well

Looks like the new drop off point for Newcastle (as an alternative to MHB) is the Country Brewer, East Maitland Store.

http://countrybrewer.com.au

Steve (Digga) the Manager has agreed to step up to the plate.
Nice bit of social engineering Les.

Posted entries today. A six of PETs in a wine box came to $15.75, not bad.

Dropped my entries into Duane at Country Brewer Toukley, Free delivery :D

My entry was delivered personally to Dave's Homebrew in North Sydney by Beerisyummy.

I'm confident that Digga at East Maitland is happy to maintain ties with the Brewing community, and could easily be encouraged to be a drop-off point again.
He may be interested in becoming involved in Bitter & Twisted too, if not already participating directly.

I have passed my contact details along as I'm interested in helping with their Country Brewer competitions as well.

So the ruling is one entry only for the APA style (as it's a style within this category - the one and only style in that category but still a style). So my 40 entries is wrong and sorry to dash your hopes all those who were aiming to enter all 40.

If you've already put in two entries, I'm sure we'll judge them and get you feedback but I'll have to decide on how they will count towards winning the category and going to the Nationals. I think only one of those should count. If you've already entered two beers and you want to let me know which of those should count, drop me a PM or an email. :beerbang:

Hey all.

I only just saw this post and have a beer id like to enter. You reckon an express post would make it there by friday?

sure it will ether that or come for a drive on saturday and drop it off.

Haha cheers. Or alternatively countrybrewer is relatively close. Les do you know what the cut off to get beers in there is?

Latest posts

Back