Castle Hill And Hills District 2011 Show Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to let everyone know that we will accept 330ml bottles (or two at least) as entries. That should be (just about) enough for the judges to taste.

Hey Stu

Since I'm coming up from a long way away where mead drinkers are laughed at and braggots are men (and I guess women) who lie, :rolleyes: I need to plan some travel arrangements.

What time do we start on Saturday ? And Sunday. And your best guess at closing times for both days.
Looking forward to the weekend and the chooks.

FGZ

I'll make sure Heather keeps the chooks out of your way. Let's call the time as 9:30 for a 10:00 start. Shouldn't be too many entries to get through. I'll really know after Saturday when the final entries come in but we might even get through it on one day. I'm aiming to finish around 4 anyway, but if we can finish it on one day then that might stretch later. As I say, I can give more definite times after Saturday and final numbers are in.

Any more judges/stewards out there? We've got a good response so far but just let me know if you are interested and which day(s) you can make it.

Cheers to Stu for organising the event again, and to the stewards, judges, participating stores.

Will be interesting to see the scoresheets and compare them to the recent state comp - I'm entering exactly the same beers. Same crew of BJCP judges Stu, give or take a few?

Sorry I cant help out on the day, but I have a weekend of debauchery planned. :p

Will be interesting to see the scoresheets and compare them to the recent state comp - I'm entering exactly the same beers. Same crew of BJCP judges Stu, give or take a few?

Sorry I cant help out on the day, but I have a weekend of debauchery planned. :p

Certainly a few of the same judges, but quite a few different as well so interesting to see what your scoresheets show.

Debauchery or judging. Glad you've got your priorities right. :p

Over 210 entries so it'll be a pretty busy couple of days. For judges, it's at Castle Hill showground, the Federation Pavilion which is where the show office is. If in doubt, drop me a PM or email before Saturday and I can give you more directions or my mobile number. Try to get there around 9:30 and under way with judging around 10:00.

See you there. :icon_cheers:

Can I get a lift with anyone on saturday? Can meet up in the city or inner west if required, please PM me Thnx

Can I get a lift with anyone on saturday? Can meet up in the city or inner west if required, please PM me Thnx

Not going that way. BUT .. I am staying at South Wentworthville on Friday / Saturday nights. To get to Castle Hill, I can collect 3 (three) people from Westmead Station on saturday morning and drop them back there that night. My designated driver will happily agree to that, I'm sure. If no one else can help you Mike, this may be a way.

Not going that way. BUT .. I am staying at South Wentworthville on Friday / Saturday nights. To get to Castle Hill, I can collect 3 (three) people from Westmead Station on saturday morning and drop them back there that night. My designated driver will happily agree to that, I'm sure. If no one else can help you Mike, this may be a way.

God help you if you don't have petrol money on you when you get a lift from Fatz.

Last call on a lift offer. Leaving south coast at 3.00pm today so otherwise uncontactable after that.

So everyone is driving (or nobody is turning up??)

Hey All Just a big thanks for Stuart for running another great comp.
Another couple of great days of beers and judging. Well done all the judges and stewards. :beerbang:
A big thanks to Heather for supplying a great lunch for the two days. It makes the trip to
Castle Hill all worth it.

Cheers
BS
:beer:

A busy comp, with over 210 entries. Well done to the winners. As noted, final results will be released in the next few days. Thanks to all the judges and stewards who turned up and did the work of getting these beers judged. :icon_cheers:

View attachment 48410
Cheers for getting the results up so soon, Stuart.
Obviously I entered my uber-quaffable toucan lager in the wrong style/category right? :rolleyes:

Thanks to Stu for organising and running the comp! Also big thanks to Heather for lunch on both days, it was delicious.

It was great to finally help out with a competition. I learnt a lot, and had a great time.

Congrats to all the winners!

Sam

Brilliant effort Stu, I'm glad I made the trip up. It's great to catch up with old faces and make new acquaintances. Look forward to next year if you go ahead with it. And look at the prizes - magnificent. Might have to enter next year!

Disappointed I missed the judging of the fruit beers and meads, but as it was I didn't get home until after 6pm. Didn't fancy the GF's driving in the dark!

Thanks all for a great 3 sessions of beer judging and associated banter and bullshit!.

More chooks next time ..

Thanks to Stu and the other organisers and judges on another great brewing comp. Well Done to all winners. Congrats to Sonny and Merv, Champion Brewer and BOS respectively. I will be looking forward to usual quality feedback provided by the judges.

Cheers

Thanks Stu and everyone who came for welcoming a new face and being patient with a slow steward. Looking forward to getting involved again at some more events!!

Thanks for organising Stu. Was good to meet you all. I had much fun helping out on Sunday

Dan

So now I've got together final results and prizes for all those who placed.

Score sheets will be sent out next week from the show people (Heather) along with certificates for those who placed. AFAIK, you'll get show ribbons at this point also.

Well done to all who entered. We got a lot of very good beers this year, with a good standard overall. Also, great to see all the new judges and stewards this year. Thanks to all the judges especially for all the work they put in over the weekend (stewards get the easy job. :icon_drunk: ).

View attachment Castle_Hill_Comp_Results_2011_2012.pdf

Latest posts

Back