Cascade Pale Ale- Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASYLUM_SPIRIT

Reaction score
If this is in the wrong thread feel free to move it.

I would like to make a Cascade Pale Ale clone as a house ale as most of my friends enjoy it.

I would like to my a 19L all grain batch.

I wrote to Cascade and this is what they told me

"Malt, hay and fruit on the nose before pale-lager-like crispness with a slightly fuller body. A refreshing bitterness carries through until the next sip."

"Cascade Pale Ale is an all malt brew and we don't use any adjuncts such as corn, rice or sugar in the brewing process.
The only hops we use are the Pride of Ringwood which are added into the brew at various stages throughout the boil.

The yeast we use is a bottom fermenting (lager) yeast which we have used at Cascade since 1967."

Given that that use all Malt, should I use 100% Pale Malt?

What are your recommendations of POR hop additions, when and how much should I add?

Thanks for the Help!

Yep they have given you a recipe for a light Australian Lager. Which is what you have asked for.

As to how much and what of, well to pull a recipe out of my bum

I would use 100% base malt upto what ever gravity you want.

I would go two additions of POR .5g per liter at 15min left in the boil and then a begging of the boil addition to make it 25ibus in all.

as to yeast I am sure if you hunted around hear you could find some recommendation for a suitable lager yeast. I saw a thread talking about an appropriate yeast for copying beer from Calton, that would be a good choice.

Rurik said:
Yep they have given you a recipe for a light Australian Lager. Which is what you have asked for.

As to how much and what of, well to pull a recipe out of my bum

I would use 100% base malt upto what ever gravity you want.

I would go two additions of POR .5g per liter at 15min left in the boil and then a begging of the boil addition to make it 25ibus in all.

as to yeast I am sure if you hunted around hear you could find some recommendation for a suitable lager yeast. I saw a thread talking about an appropriate yeast for copying beer from Calton, that would be a good choice.

Cheers for the info mate, your a legend!

Latest posts

Back