Cascade First Harvest 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
Anyone tried this years Cascade First Harvest.

I had some on tap (a few pints) at the Cascade Brewery really nice fresh character, with that wet hop character. I'm not normally a Cascade beer fan, but this did hit the spot. Good malt character and fresh wet hops. I got a stubbie to bring back to home, and just cracked it. Still nice, but not as good as the stuff on tap at the brewery. I guess it's kind of expected a fresh hop beer to drop of a bit in bottles after the heat pasteurisation. Got me thinking about getting a couple of hop bines in the ground again.

QldKev

Anyone tried this years Cascade First Harvest.

I had some on tap (a few pints) at the Cascade Brewery really nice fresh character, with that wet hop character. I'm not normally a Cascade beer fan, but this did hit the spot. Good malt character and fresh wet hops. I got a stubbie to bring back to home, and just cracked it. Still nice, but not as good as the stuff on tap at the brewery. I guess it's kind of expected a fresh hop beer to drop of a bit in bottles after the heat pasteurisation. Got me thinking about getting a couple of hop bines in the ground again.

QldKev

I was down at the brewery in 2010. It's a great drop off the tap, as is the stout.

Took a couple bottles home that year too, I found exactly the same discrepancy between tap and bottle.

As you said, to be expected I guess.

I have to say in a bottle, I was pretty underwhelmed. I don't know if I am spoilt by homebrew but it didn't blow my palette with malt or hops. It was nice, but not special.

I felt the same with the Cooper's Celebration (150th Anniversary) Ale. I expected more.
Definitely underwhelming since the yeast so-called cleanup in the 80's.

Obviously a great idea to taste this beer young and fresh, for max hop character

Latest posts

Back