Carton Cold Review - Nz Realbeer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
Read bellow, i cant belive some one could even drink this soapy water.....

Carlton Cold Filtered
By Neil Miller
4.9% abv, Victoria Australia

From across the Tasman comes Carlton Cold Filtered a beer with a pretty good reputation for a mainstream Australian beer.

Straight away, we like the bottle. It is a clear bottle (which isnt good) but has a very cool imprint on the body of the bottle instead of a label. It is distinctive and attractive.

Pouring the beer from this distinctive and attractive bottle reveals a very light, straw-coloured beer with little to no head. The colour is bright gold, reminding Flash (at least) of sunshine on a wheat field in the evening.

Its a pleasant beer to get stuck into and we do. Its definitely more complex than we both remember with a pronounced hoppy taste and full mouth feel. There is a hint of grassiness and bitterness in the aftertaste.

It has mainstream appeal but also a multi-faceted appeal.

Carlton Cold is a beer than can be drunk all night and frequently has.

It is not a standard Aussie lager by any stretch of the imagination. It aims to please and by and large it does.

Millsy: 6.5
Flash: 6.5

You have to wonder what kind of medication some people are on.

mr reply carlton cold is shite bland and my urine would tast better a low hopped if any using isohop with a usedby date this would have to be oz worst beeer and shame shame shame

Rating.00000001 out of 100

a pronounced hoppy taste hey.
grassiness/full mouth feel.
what a load of bollocks
goes to show some people have destroyed there taste buds and have become beer tasters who write overly favourite beer reviews.
plus the brewery probably has them on some sort of retainer for a good review.
trouble is you cant bullshit the buying public.
its either good or not.
try homebrewing with the right ingredients and the majority of commercial beers taste pretty bland

cheers
big d

I think the problem is..... you can bull$hit the public, and they will in turn drink it and "like" it.

lets face it no one in the world would drink Cold if it was via a blind taste test.

watery , soapy, flavour less, sorta soap / off flavour. no mouth feel, no hop aroma, or flavour, as clear as day harsh and "bubble" head due to the soaps added. Its pure SHite! but because the bottle looks good, the adds make out you will pick up chick heaps of people drink it
(P.S i have a CC Shirt the lady got it for me looks great, but the beer hmmm well)

I have thrown up in C Cold. Not because i was drunk but because i tried to finish only 1 bottle and i just couldn't take it. Also on the weekend i was given "FREE" VB and well i found it very hard to drink ( i got over it in time and then got drunk for free :) ) after the free beer though i went back to the "prem import" beer that cost a leg. where was my home brew???

anyway my rant is over back to brewing with "real!" beer malt and hops

mmmmm beeer

P.S Edit due to much to much bute! home brew... GMK curse you the taps are evil. they make you drink more and more

Back