Carrot Beer - Four Hearts Brewing Company "Wabbit Season"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't tried the carrot one but I really enjoyed the Finger Lime one.

It'd be worth a try. Roots and fruits often have very good brewing sugars. Parsnip wine is supposed to be excellent; pumpkin makes a traditional US beer; beetroot is the key ingredient in kvass and, indeed, is highly fermentable (almost entirely dextrose) - I've used it in a few brews and love the results. For some reason I've always shied away from the possibility of using carrot, but it might bring quite a nice nuttiness to the brew.

I just saw an article about this on the television... SWMBO says that she'll take me out to the bar in Ipswich. I'm torn, while it looks like they serve some creative beers - it's in Ipswich.

There's going to be a feature about this beer on The Project tonight for those interested

Yes they were also on Seven's Qld Weekender program last week. Must say they are doing well the Bar and Grill at the brewery looked fantastic.

Had a sip of some 'carrot-apple-celery' juice yesterday and it definitely did have a nuttiness, but also a savoury saltiness (a bit tomato like). From a squiz at the ingredients, I saw the ingredients were just carrot, apple, celery, so I guess the saltiness came from the carrot too. It did make me think back to this thread though and the possibility of carrot beer. Pretty sure it could work well, if you choose the right sort of carrots.

The wabbit saison is a great beer and awesome to see Wade getting some good press. Also pretty sure it was 9 bucks a scooner which isn't too bad for a 6 - 7% beer. Don't judge a brewery or brewers by there location 4 hearts brew some great beers and the bar is really cool

Fantastic profits to be made in Ipswich given the punters have to buy two at a time each ....you know.....two heads? :D

I've been out to the bar a couple of times and its a fantastic set up, food looks good also

Latest posts

Back