Car'n Doggies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a brilliant Grand Final, congrats to the doggies they were brilliant and they have certainly made history now! I'll remember that one for a long time and I don't barrack for either side [emoji106]

They did it from 7th and never gave up from the start. Congratulations to a tough team. Magic.

Feldon said:
My heart is with the Bulldogs winning, but my head says Swans.

A simple matter of boys vs men.

Mind you, if the Dogs can withstand the first 10 minute onslaught by the Swans they are in with a chance.

There is no tomorrow.
I was the other way. Heart Sydney, head Bulldogs. Mind you, I was at the GWS game and saw just how hard at the ball they were. And how good a ducker McLean is. Anyway, the best team won. If they didn't have so many injuries this season, they wouldn't have had to come from 7th. Well done Bulldogs.

That was a frantic game, the bulldogs were great and my mighty Swans played well. I reckon big Tom Bod should have been awarded the Norm Smith, his intersept marking killed the swans in the second half.

madpierre06 said:
When the coach gave his medal to Bob Murphy....real men cry.
That was a great gesture by Luke Beveridge, always thought he was a decent man, now it's carved in stone.

Both sides gave it their all, but the Dogs had enough in their legs at the end.

A long long time between drinks,fark what a piss up it I'll be.

madpierre06 said:
When the coach gave his medal to Bob Murphy....real men cry.
Fark I teared up, ripping grand final. Best pre game entertainment in a while, awesome game to match. That 3rd quarter was epic.

LAGERFRENZY said:
there'll be a couple of million kingswoods, toranas and early model commodores honking the team song if they win yob.
You say that like it's a bad thing?

Did anyone notice Super Mario come up to get his medal? I think he should be tested for 'shrooms.

Great game. One of the best!

Congrats to the doggies on a tenacious win. Commiserations to swans, who generally played a great game as well - just not quite enough against the desperation of the Dogs. Poor ol' Buddy, Kennedy et al just couldn't get enough clean movement to cut through the doggies.

By the end, I'd picked johannisen to get the NS [emoji6], but a strong argument for Boyd and a few others; and Kennedy from the swans. Johannisen was just consistently in the thick of it, and involved in key pieces of action.
Beveridge is a class act. Guessed something like that might happen, but never thought Bevo would hand over his medal like that. A grand gesture.

Big ups, doggies!

Latest posts

Back