Carboy Carrier

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lufah

Reaction score
I don't know how many guys down there use glass carboys, but I thought I'd post one of my few pieces of useful knowledge. You'll have to adjust the measurements for metric the US still uses stuff that makes no sense.

This is for a 5 gallon carboy. I should be pretty easy to adjust for other sizes. Ok here is how I have done this. Using 1 inch nylon webbing cut one 35 inch piece this will be the top horizontal strap. Sew it into a loop with a 1 inch overlap. That will give you a 34 inch loop. Then cut 3 32 pieces. These will be the vertical supports. Space them evenly around the 34 loop pin and sew into place. I then flip the whole thing over and sew the bottom together were the 3 support straps meet. Then cut 2 31 pieces. These will be the handles. Space them evenly pin and sew into place. I sew boxes and then x them using a triple strait stitch. SWMBO says if you cant use that to go over the same thing three times. She showed me how to use the machine in about 5 minutes. I cant do anything fancy, but this is really easy.

carboy4.jpg
carboy3.jpg

carboy2.jpg
carboy1.jpg

carboy.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions...

Travis

That's Gold! :lol:

Great Idea Lufah. Might put it on my list of things to build

Cheers

Borret :blink:

warrenlw63 said:
Two words,

Milk Crate. :p

Warren -
[post="67788"][/post]​

Ya but then I don't get to make anything. :(
That and I can leave these on and they take up less room in my freezer.

Travis

Lufah said:
Ya but then I don't get to make anything. :(
That and I can leave these on and they take up less room in my freezer.

Travis
[post="67792"][/post]​

Now there's a point that I didn't think of Travis. Leaving them on in the fridge or freezer is a good idea. :beerbang: Milk crates take up too much room in this regard.

Warren -

Back