Carboy Caps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmysuperlative

Reaction score
I see these a lot on US sites ...

carboycaporange117x150.jpg

I want to build this...

Siphon starter video

Does anyone here use them? ...and can we get them locally?

Cheers.

I see these a lot on US sites ...

carboycaporange117x150.jpg

I want to build this...

Siphon starter video

Does anyone here use them? ...and can we get them locally?

Cheers.

Yep, been using one for a while. The cane from an easy siphon fits through the middle outlet and it makes transfers from a glass 23 litre carbuoy quick and easy.

Doesn't take much more than a puff of air to get the beer flowing either. Alt: you can use a 50 ml syringe and a piece of hose or a spare CO2 line.

-Martin

Grain and Grape used to sell them I am sure, but just checked their website to no avail. I use them and they are great, I put a sterile filter in the smaller tube and then blow through the sterile filter to start the syphon. Works a treat.

I got keen and eager and bought some off ebay ... I got 3 (caps only) for $27 AUS landed Already have filter and I hope my racking cane fits the hole.

If it is one of the stainless racking canes it will fit no problems.

TIP : Go to a bearing retailer and buy some food grade silicone spray. Fit the racking cane into the cap and then spray the part of the cane that will be outside the cap, this will help it slide readily through the cap.

If it is one of the stainless racking canes it will fit no problems.

TIP : Go to a bearing retailer and buy some food grade silicone spray. Fit the racking cane into the cap and then spray the part of the cane that will be outside the cap, this will help it slide readily through the cap.

Cheers FJ ...good tip, thanks! ;)

Back