Carbonation Drops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic beers aye :D Ive got a mate from Carlisle who likes to remind me that back home Leffe is apparantly a run of the mill, averagely priced beer <_< I wish we could get it in dozens here, or even 6 packs!
mmm choice drop!!

yes they are quite 'spenny from Dan Murphys. I do buy them on regular occassions and I always go for the dark radieuse which is heaven in an expensive bottle...
Beer Advocate has it as a B+ but I rate it an A

have used a single carb drop into grolsch bottles
works well

Up here in the warmth of Cairns I found that 2 drops is too much for the 740ml bottles they get over carbonated.

Cannot move onto bulk priming yet as only have one fermenter and a floor washing bucket.

I've found that 2 drops are too much for the 500ml bots. I found that 1 was enough for the 500ml bots.

Hey all,

so I run 4 kegs/fermenters at a time. the last time I did a run about 90% was awesome. however there was about 15 ltrs that I bottled at a later stage in 500 ml bottles. I used a single carbo drop per bottle which was no where near enough.

My question, can I save the beer or better to turf it?

Get yourself (from the op-shop or where-ever) a 1140ml beer jug and blend some more carbonated beer with it. I blend different beers often. Why would you waste beer?

Back