Carbonating Single Bottles- How Much Dextrose?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylan.temple

Reaction score
Hey guys this has probably been answered previously but I couldn't find it with a quick search, I normally keg but I'm planning on filling a couple of bottles that I have lying around. I have dextrose and I'm just looking for an approximate way of adding it directly to the bottle (in terms of teaspooons? flat, rounded, heaped?) Thanks in advance

stubbies or large bottles

Large bottles, I bought a bunch of those reusable plastic ones just for convenience. Stay carbonated for a quite a while even when I just poor the beer from the tap which is handy.

3g of dextrose is about one level teaspoon from memory?

EDIT: Just ran that online calculator. 2.5 volumes CO2, 750ml bottle, say 20-ish degrees, you need almost 5g of dextrose.

Thanks just need to know how to measure that, I think scales that work on those levels need a license :lol:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_trksid=...0&_from=R40

Under $20 delivered will get you a set of drug/jewellery scales. Mine arrived in under a week.
Great for hop additions etc.

Also have a look at bulk priming. Means you doing have to weigh sugar for each bottle you work out your volume and divide that by your bottle volume to work out how many bottles you'll fill then work out the required sugar (I usually go a little heavy) then rack on to the sugar give it a stir then bottle from that. Easy as.

just saw these ones last night, they go to .01 of a gram and are $7.56 delivered to your door

Back