Caramel Hell - Hoepfner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
where is this in the promash maltcraft file? as in what is it called? i dont have it listed i dont think, Weyermann is listed but i dont see Hoepfner, maybe it is "Hoepfner Caramel Malt Light"

any ideas advice help etc

before i update my promash stocks

Ben

Hi Ben, you have it exactly right. The problem arises because Weyermann have a registered trade mark on Carahell (hell means light in German) and all the other maltsers have had to come up with inventive names to avoid infringement. Carahell or whatever is a very pale crystal around 20 to 40 EBC and is a classic German style.

Wes

the quick or the dead, they beat the to it!
should call it carhell, or carahel :)
thanks Promash is updated as is my grain description to save me next time around

Ben, CaraVienna or CaraVienne is a light crystal malt in the same colour range as Carahell etc Once again a different name for the same type of malt.
There is no magic in making good crystal malts - but somewhere on the way through the marketing department the embellishment begins...

Wes.

I would love a sack of Belgian caravienne, and Aromatic and Biscuit. . .Also you stocking Weyermann Caramunich I & III Wes?

Jovial Monk

Hi JM, unfortunately very little demand for any of the German crystals and hence no stock but still stock TF and of course JWM crystals.

Wes

Latest posts

Back